Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Preacher

I just want to state that this new AMC "Preacher" series is going to be nothing like the source material comics.  And therefore, it will suck.  Because most of the stuff that makes the comic great is simply not suitable for TV.  Even cable TV.  In the comic, the primary villain is God.  Lets see if they have the courage to stick to that premise.

Agreed. 1000%.  I don't see how a TV show aired on cable in the US could do justice to Preacher.  Netflix might be able to do it with some serious warnings about graphic content, but despite their support for Daredevil and some other comic properties, I think Preacher might just be a little too grimdark for them.

In this case its more about AMC trying to make a succesfull show with the Preacher name rather than a succesful tv version of the comic

Kinda like how that new Cloverfield movie has nothing to really to do with the first one. Preacher wont go that far as a blantant borrowing of the name for a unrelated show. It will take some influence from the comic. But it will be limited to that

In this case its more about AMC trying to make a succesfull show with the Preacher name rather than a succesful tv version of the comic

Kinda like how that new Cloverfield movie has nothing to really to do with the first one. Preacher wont go that far as a blantant borrowing of the name for a unrelated show. It will take some influence from the comic. But it will be limited to that

I don't like their casting choice for Tulip.  I remember seeing this particular actress in Agents of Shield and she does not have the right presence at all. 

I bet they won't have Frankie the Eunuch and his SMLE.