Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Let's Talk Dark Souls

My roommate has it and got a decent bit through before kind of dropping it (I think he found DS3 more appealing.) Unfortunately, he doesn't have room for it anymore room on his PS4.  It's a little disappointing, because now that I've been watching others play, I realize how great and unique the gameplay, designs, and story are.  The music is outstanding too.

I guess we'll see if this 'Shadows Die Twice' turns out to be Bloodborne 2.

Also this, for over-analyzing things for shits and giggles

I love that channel. 

I really, REALLY hope that Shadows Die Twice is a new IP. I don't care if it's a mix of Bloodborne and DS's aesthetic, just make it something new. I don't want BB2. Maybe by the time it comes out, I'll have a new computer built.

I've been having it far too easy on my high-level PVP build. At those levels, people just straight suck ass at PVP. 

Christmas Noobs are wonderful food. 

I revitalized my Twink build (low level but endgame items) just in time to catch all of the christmas-nubs at level 30 coming through the forest. 

However, I REALLY want a level 20 build to wreck them in the first area. 

Today, I have rang the new year in with numerous hosts and summon parties absolutely demolished. 

• 2 weeks later...

Restarted my Level 1 run of Dark Souls 2 yesterday. 

I realize the first time I tried, I was flying by the seat of my pants. I had a general idea of what to do... And then nothing past that. 

This next time has a  lot more equipment strategy behind it. Following closely to this guide. 

Both, but mainly PvE because most invasions I do end up with me facing someone with multiple phantoms.

I've started poking around again with a DS3 playthrough I made with intentions of a miracle build of sorts in mind, but then that transitioned more towards a quality build, and then everything went bad when I got to the Dancer.  I finished Sirrus's questline, re-specced, beat the Dancer, and am now I'm running a Dex build in pursuit of the Hornet ring.

Miracles can work out. Faith builds get the Lothric Ultra Greatsword or the Dragonslayer's Axe. Both of which are FANTASTIC.

I still love Luck builds. Bleed and poison are my favorite effects. 

Good job on Dancer. That boss usually makes people quit entirely. Do you know where the Hornet ring is?

I'm now looking into maybe something of a Dex-Faith or Quality-Faith build.  At around SL 80-something now.  Not entirely sure on what weapon I should go with. A sharp Follower's Saber has been my main so far, but that Sunlight Longsword seems rather appropriate.  I kind of want to use a spear, but their move set just doesn't seem too good for PvP (saw something about lightning-infused winged spear that looked interesting though).

Haven't done anything with Oceiros yet, just got to the Twin Princes.  Princes are the only non-DLC boss I haven't beat without a summon yet besides Nameless King, and they're second behind Frieda for causing the most anger and yelling of obscenities in my apartment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 10:42 PM, Scolopax said:

I'm now looking into maybe something of a Dex-Faith or Quality-Faith build.  At around SL 80-something now.  Not entirely sure on what weapon I should go with. A sharp Follower's Saber has been my main so far, but that Sunlight Longsword seems rather appropriate.  I kind of want to use a spear, but their move set just doesn't seem too good for PvP (saw something about lightning-infused winged spear that looked interesting though).

Haven't done anything with Oceiros yet, just got to the Twin Princes.  Princes are the only non-DLC boss I haven't beat without a summon yet besides Nameless King, and they're second behind Frieda for causing the most anger and yelling of obscenities in my apartment.

If you like the spear, but want a more varied moveset, have you tried the Partisan?

It has a very good moveset, hyper-armor unparryable weapon art, and scales very well with the right infusions. 

It's one of my favorite weapons. The only other spear I like more is the Drang Twinspears. Just for their lolz factor and the fact that no one uses them. 

In other new, 

Soul Level 1 Speedrun of Dark Souls 1, DONE!

Ok ok so it took me 6 hours to beat Dark Souls 1 at level 1. And I made a bunch of mistakes, but I did it. 

I think I Can get in the 4 hour range with some optimizing and luck.

I've used the partisan in the past, but I might check into it again.  The halberd was my starting weapon for this run-through and I think it has the same moveset besides the ability.  I'm currently using the Sunlight Straight Sword, usually buffed with lightning blade, but there's a range of other weapons I'm looking at from a dex-faith build perspective (ex. Lothric's Holy Sword, LK Sword, Astora Greatsword, LK Greatsword).

I'm at the Soul of Cinder and Freide, but I'm trying to beat Nameless King at the moment.  Phase one is fine, but the second is a complete roadblock at the moment.  He just gets me in two hits, and I have not exactly memorized his move setyet. I also accidentally sent Patches out after Greirat (because he can sell me LK Greatsword), so I can't get any Dark resin to fight with.  While I would like to try and beat him solo, no one seems to put summon signs down anymore on PS4, and Hawkwood has begun his dragon business already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...