Sturgeon's House
Walter_Sobchak

North Korea, you so crazy!

WoTR has been churning out articles on the NK front, many of them directly contradictory to each other:

https://warontherocks.com/2017/09/welcome-to-the-h-bomb-club-north-korea/

I still maintain that we should change the title of this topic to "North Korea, you so rational!" because goddamn if everything they're doing isn't working.

It looks like the US might end up losing Japan and South Korea as pliant satrapies, with those two almost certainly getting nukes of their own soon afterwards. And then, having exhausted literally every other option, the US might actually arrive at a detente with Best Korea and allow the Kim dynasty to become more of a constitutional monarchy after a few generations of growth and regional integration.

Or, you know, go nuts and launch a pre-emptive strike out of misguided spite or something.

Having looked at the various comments, images and videos in this thread I am now firmly convinced that BBQ Sauce is the way forward in future negotiations with NK.....It could be the breakthrough we've been searching for.

Only half-joking.  :D

I bet we'll see a patch of ocean eat a nuke before the end of this. The vibe I'm getting from NK is just 'pls notice us sempai', as we've already had commenters suggest the north H bomb isn't flightweight I bet they'll resort to that in the hopes that we accept their deterrent is actually credible

15 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

I don't like sticking up for the Trump admin, but this is something that has been foisted on them. Gonna be tough to do a "staredown, they blink first" strategy when your predecessors have undermined that by eating all the carrots.