Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

North Korea, you so crazy!

Walter_Sobchak

WoTR has been churning out articles on the NK front, many of them directly contradictory to each other:

https://warontherocks.com/2017/09/welcome-to-the-h-bomb-club-north-korea/

I still maintain that we should change the title of this topic to "North Korea, you so rational!" because goddamn if everything they're doing isn't working.

It looks like the US might end up losing Japan and South Korea as pliant satrapies, with those two almost certainly getting nukes of their own soon afterwards. And then, having exhausted literally every other option, the US might actually arrive at a detente with Best Korea and allow the Kim dynasty to become more of a constitutional monarchy after a few generations of growth and regional integration.

Or, you know, go nuts and launch a pre-emptive strike out of misguided spite or something.

I bet we'll see a patch of ocean eat a nuke before the end of this. The vibe I'm getting from NK is just 'pls notice us sempai', as we've already had commenters suggest the north H bomb isn't flightweight I bet they'll resort to that in the hopes that we accept their deterrent is actually credible

• 2 weeks later...

North Korea 'hackers steal US-South Korea war plans'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41565281

Whoops!  :rolleyes:

PS - This strongly suggests that Kim's little rant about treacherous US plans to top him weren't so far off the mark.....He's more rational than we give him credit for IMHO.