Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

Haftar troops shot down a plane and captured pilot (claimed to be from Portugal). Previously they shot down their own plane (although claimed to be enemy plane, but symbols on pieces told different story)

vwQUnWd.jpg

Spoiler

OniDPOc.jpg

h0kfcF4.jpg

43 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Haftar troops shot down a plane and captured pilot (claimed to be from Portugal). Previously they shot down their own plane (although claimed to be enemy plane, but symbols on pieces told different story)

Apparently it probably was one of the 3 Mirage F1 which are in working order in Lybia.

The other two are in the hand of Haftar's forces.

The one destroyed is likely the F1-AD n°508

http://www.opex360.com/2019/05/07/libye-un-mirage-f1-aurait-ete-abattu-par-les-forces-du-marechal-haftar/

Yesterday it was reported about the arrest of the director of NPO Experimental Design Bureau named after M.P. Simonov - Alexander Gomzin, on charges of fraud. Today -

Director General of the Institute of Space Instrumentation fled abroad

Moscow. May 15. INTERFAX.RU - Director General of the Research Institute for Space Instrument Engineering (NII KP, a branch of the United Rocket and Space Corporation; part of the Roscosmos state corporation) Yuri Yaskin went to Europe in April under the pretext of a business trip and did not return to his homeland, "Kommersant" newspaper reported on Wednesday.

“An unprecedented scandal occurred at the Research Institute for Space Instrument Engineering, which develops and manufactures radio equipment and electronics. Yury Yaskin, under the pretext of a business trip, went in April to one of the countries of Europe, from where he sent a letter to Russia  of resignationat on his own will, and was later noticed in Greece. His departure happened against the background of the start of work at the Roskosmos internal audit, "the publication says.

• 3 weeks later...

Tyler Rogoway, as usual, with an expertly written list of all the available information, in an easy to read format:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28504/at-least-one-oil-tanker-is-on-fire-in-the-sea-of-oman-reports

And thankfully, he's also updating articles all the time so it's going to be relevant even hours from now.

At first, I was extremely skeptical that Iran would do this, and couldn't for the life of me figure out who could be the culprit. Unfortunately for Iran, they miscalculated in the amount of information they decided to give the public. They claimed all 44 crewmembers were rescued by them and moved to the port city of Jask.

One ship has 21 crewmembers, and another has 23, for a total of 44.

The USN, however, officially announced that USS Bainbridge, an Arleigh Burke class destroyer, has rescued 21 of the crewmembers, i.e all the crew of one of the ships. 

Both statements are directly contradicting each other.

So from my own personal analysis, if Iran is lying about the number of rescued crew members, it's the culprit. Because an innocent state actor would not have to lie about such things.

FSB arrests one interesting personality...

"In the framework of systematic work to identify and suppress unlawful actions among law enforcement officers, including in their own ranks, the Investigative Committee of Russia, together with the FSB of Russia, detained the former head of the Investigative Committee of the Investigative Department of the Volgograd Region for assassination attempt against the governor of the Volgograd Region" , - the official representative of the RF IC Svetlana Petrenko.

Mikhail Muzrayev headed the Investigation Department of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation for the Volgograd Region since 2011. By the decree of the President of the Russian Federation, he was dismissed in December 2018.

Attempt on Governor Andrei Bocharov happened on the night of November 16, 2016. Alleged criminals entered the territory of his private house and tried to set fire to the building.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:41 AM, Priory_of_Sion said:

Well, that's definitely a boat. I don't know about the rest of that at this time. 

It looks a lot like an iranian boat

http://parstoday.com/en/news/iran-i5290-iran's_speed_boats_delivered_to_irgc

I'm convinced that the iranians did it, based on the footage, unless someone manages to find footage of a really good vis-modded boat that looks like that in a saudi port

1 hour ago, Xlucine said:

It looks a lot like an iranian boat

http://parstoday.com/en/news/iran-i5290-iran's_speed_boats_delivered_to_irgc

I'm convinced that the iranians did it, based on the footage, unless someone manages to find footage of a really good vis-modded boat that looks like that in a saudi port

I have feeling Iranians are trying to convince Saudis that they can fuck up their oil industry and oil trade easily on several fronts. Recent attacks on oil pipeline by Houthis using UAV + launch of cruise missiles from Yemen territory against big objects of Saudi infrastucture and now those attacks are lining up in my mind as part of same strategy.

Twtter suspending OS Intel accounts dedicated to breaking military news.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Concerned-users-worry-as-Twitter-suspends-several-OSINT-news-accounts-592663

I follow ELINT News and they have provided content for here and on Discord discussion. ELINT news got a wierd sort of official email from Twitter in regards to their tweets violating Indian law about 24 hours before they went down.