Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

10 minutes ago, Donward said:

So that's what happened to the flutes from "this one time at band camp".

I was thinking about saying something along those lines, but I thought the inference was it was a lesbo experience...  IDK, don't remember enough of the movie to care.

1 hour ago, Collimatrix said:

I say this as a cynical hard leftist... if one of the nukes that kicked off WWIII hit Berkley, I think that's a net win for the left.

Edit: As in, the dedicated  ABM loaded ships covered the priority stuff but we TRIED to cover Berkley, but the ship stationed offshore only had SM-3s and no SM-6s due to Student pacifist protests. So, still a pretty serious tryhard.  NEST teams are on the way.

Shiite militia of Iraq Al-Hasd ash-Shaabi on Saturday announced the death of its main sniper Abu Tahsin al-Salihi, known by the nickname Daesh Hunter

http://rusvesna.su/sites/default/files/styles/orign_wm/public/snayper_ohotnik_za_igilovcami2.jpg

Users of social networks in Iraq distributed a video in which a Shia militia fighter asks his brother in arms and a well-known snipera bout how many members of the ISIS he managed to destroy, he answers 321.
   It is reported that Abu Tahshin al-Salihi previously served in the Iraqi army and was fighting in all the wars that Baghdad led since 1973.

Whatever you do, make sure to sell them things that are either so terrible that it won't make any difference, or things that are so complex that Abu Hajaar and friends can't figure out how to use them.  It's a good bet that whatever you sell them ends up in the hands of their proxies during the next conflict.

1 minute ago, Collimatrix said:

Whatever you do, make sure to sell them things that are either so terrible that it won't make any difference, or things that are so complex that Abu Hajaar and friends can't figure out how to use them.  It's a good bet that whatever you sell them ends up in the hands of their proxies during the next conflict.

We are going to sell some high-tech systems (S-400s are most notable) and small arms (AK-103s). At least we are going to try to sell those.

12 hours ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

Turkey's also cooperating openly with HTS(al-Qaeda) in Idlib right now while threatening regional war with the Kurds. Fuck them. 

Turkey is massing on Idlibs borders ready to invade to fuck up HTS.

Orrr.... they're massing on Idlibs borders to pincer Afrin.

Am I the only one who is bemused over the nonstop coverage of Hollywood producer Harvey Whatsisfuck and the SHOCKING allegation that Hollywood starlets are preyed on sexually by studio big shots? The practice has only been going on for over a century (and before that on Broadway, etc). And don't get me wrong, the guy should be sued and prosecuted if possible. I'm just sort of amazed at how it is overshadowing real news stories like Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, Houston, Florida, Santa Rosa fires, North Korea...

Holy hell media, you were out guns ablazing that Trump hated brown people in Puerto Rico and - instantly - it isn't a story anymore.

Which leads me to believe that either the recovery efforts there are doing well, or CNN, MSNBC, New York Times et al don't think that the plight of brown people is newsworthy, at least not compared to 10-20 year old stories about casting couch exploits of a producer and female celebrities. 

On 10/9/2017 at 2:30 PM, Xlucine said:

Whatever happened to that senator who wanted to stop US gov dollars being spent on delivering turkish F-35's, effectively stopping the turkish F-35 program?

I saw something about that back in summer, but nothing since.  Nothing shows up for a search of "F-35" on the congressman's website.