Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

@Khand-e, commentary on this?

On Thursday, the chief of China's securities commissions, Liu Shiyu, listed names of six "high-ranking and powerful officials, who were hugely greedy and hugely corrupt, and who plotted to usurp the party's leadership and seize state power".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-41691917

20 hours ago, Belesarius said:

@Khand-e, commentary on this?

On Thursday, the chief of China's securities commissions, Liu Shiyu, listed names of six "high-ranking and powerful officials, who were hugely greedy and hugely corrupt, and who plotted to usurp the party's leadership and seize state power".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-41691917

Eh there's always a purge of opposing factions whenever a new faction takes power in China.

Probably gonna be a large round of purging coming when former premiers Zhu Rongji and Jiang Zemin croak.

3 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

I find that more than a little odd considering the only nation to recognise their referendum was Israel.....Anyone here have the linguistic skills to confirm?

PS - IMHO Iraq deserves thread of its own (maybe Afghanistan too).....I've got a feeling we're going to be talking about these places for a few years yet.

OK, so I know this is Al Masdar (& thus likely not info of tip-top quality), but if there's even a grain of truth in it, surely this will leave the (now potentially hostile) Iraqi Army & PMUs looking across the border at the (US supported & largely Kurdish) SDF around Deir ez Zor:

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/iraqi-forces-gear-important-syrian-border-offensive/

How much more chaotic could this get?

PS - Further thought.....Is it possible that the West's constant meddling is slowly causing the very 'Pan-Arabism' that we once sought to destroy, to remerge, stronger than ever?  Might we wind up with an Islamic Caliphate after all?  Possibly under a Shia banner?  (Possibly even with nukes in their toolkit?)

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Do you reckon the Norks will pop a nuke while Trump's in country.....Firing a missile might be too risky, but an 'artificial earthquake' should send the message.

I wouldn't put it past him, but it would be incredibly foolish to give us a casus belli.