Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
Bronezhilet

General news thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Scolopax said:

 

I just saw that.

 

RXS548N.jpg

 

On the other hand, now there is no reason for the Russians to prevent BEST KOREA from unleashing a nuclear holocaust against South Korea since the 2018 Winter Olympics are being held in Pyeonchang, South Korea.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard this on the Radio today:
"The a armed police response has been sent to Stavanger Hospital university after a man with a carrying a "knife-like object" was spotted in the university. The police are currently searching for the man"

 

I guess the police don't have much to do here in Norway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShamefurDispray said:

The olympic games are pretty overrated tbh. There is no real reason to watch it over the world championships of the sports you watch anyway. Especially when they cut out some events to try to fit everything into their schedules.

For me, the only sport I truly follow is mountain biking. And the one interesting thing about the Olympics is that each country only has a few people they can send depending on standings. So you see countries represented that otherwise would never see a world cup race. And you see sometimes counties sending people from other cycling disciplines to race. Like this previous Olympic race when a famous road cyclist came out to battle for gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

For me, the only sport I truly follow is mountain biking. And the one interesting thing about the Olympics is that each country only has a few people they can send depending on standings. So you see countries represented that otherwise would never see a world cup race. And you see sometimes counties sending people from other cycling disciplines to race. Like this previous Olympic race when a famous road cyclist came out to battle for gold.

I only really watch track cycling and in the olympics they cut out quite a few events to fit everything in the schedule. I would kill to watch a standalone points race.

And doesn't Peter Sagan come from an MTB background then go into road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ShamefurDispray said:

I only really watch track cycling and in the olympics they cut out quite a few events to fit everything in the schedule. I would kill to watch a standalone points race.

And doesn't Peter Sagan come from an MTB background then go into road?

Yeah, Sagan raced MTB for a bit an then went to road. Can't blame him. The money is in Road. Sad to see him get a flat in Rio. It would have been interesting to see him fight for position with the others. 

 

I believe Fontana used to be Sagan's team mate, actually. 

 

Trying to watch the olympics for the interesting sports here in the states is atrociously difficult. Usually all you get to see is tennis, swimming, and gymnastics. And that's IF you have a subscription to NBC. 

 

The mountain bike commentary SUCKED ASS too. I eventually muted it (after pirating the race) and did my own commentary. I was more knowledge AND witty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Yeah, Sagan raced MTB for a bit an then went to road. Can't blame him. The money is in Road. Sad to see him get a flat in Rio. It would have been interesting to see him fight for position with the others. 

 

I believe Fontana used to be Sagan's team mate, actually. 

 

Trying to watch the olympics for the interesting sports here in the states is atrociously difficult. Usually all you get to see is tennis, swimming, and gymnastics. And that's IF you have a subscription to NBC. 

 

The mountain bike commentary SUCKED ASS too. I eventually muted it (after pirating the race) and did my own commentary. I was more knowledge AND witty.

Well, road is pretty poor itself for a pro sport :lol: 

Part of the reason why it's so hard to watch cycling in NA is the poor commentary. I only watched the Giro one year because it had good commentators from Eurosport that involved them being savage toward the riders half the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Philadelphia is considering banning the use of bulletproof glass by shopkeepers in the hood.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-small-business/wp/2017/12/04/philadelphia-is-considering-whether-to-ban-barrier-windows-inside-shops/?utm_term=.420ed5daab11

 

“It’s an indignity” to make purchases through such a window, said City Councilwoman Cindy Bass in this Philadelphia Inquirer article. Bass and others believe the windows represent race and class differences and a “symbol of distrust.”

 

A symbol of distrust? Ya, you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donward said:

Philadelphia is considering banning the use of bulletproof glass by shopkeepers in the hood.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-small-business/wp/2017/12/04/philadelphia-is-considering-whether-to-ban-barrier-windows-inside-shops/?utm_term=.420ed5daab11

 

“It’s an indignity” to make purchases through such a window, said City Councilwoman Cindy Bass in this Philadelphia Inquirer article. Bass and others believe the windows represent race and class differences and a “symbol of distrust.”

 

A symbol of distrust? Ya, you think?

Getting shot is also pretty distrustful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://imp-navigator.livejournal.com/684988.html

Quote

On December 10, a military parade was held in Baghdad in honor of the victory at the ISIS, which was announced by the Prime Minister of the country Heydar Al-Abadi.

1357777_original.jpg

 

1358172_original.jpg

 

1345063_original.jpg

 

1346056_original.jpg

 

Spoiler

1347846_original.jpg

 

1348572_original.jpg

 

1349419_original.jpg

 

Iranian Safir with probably Iranian copies of Kornets:

1349639_original.jpg

 

1350285_original.jpg

 

1351014_original.jpg

 

1351881_original.jpg

 

1352592_original.jpg

 

1352340_original.jpg

 

DQsnyfeW4AE9cGe

 

1353092_original.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 12:33 AM, Donward said:

Philadelphia is considering banning the use of bulletproof glass by shopkeepers in the hood.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-small-business/wp/2017/12/04/philadelphia-is-considering-whether-to-ban-barrier-windows-inside-shops/?utm_term=.420ed5daab11

 

“It’s an indignity” to make purchases through such a window, said City Councilwoman Cindy Bass in this Philadelphia Inquirer article. Bass and others believe the windows represent race and class differences and a “symbol of distrust.”

 

A symbol of distrust? Ya, you think?

 

 

Cops carrying guns and wearing armor is a symbol of distrust, let's ban that as well.

 

Sadly, there are people on the left who actually believe that, and more.

 

Also, I really like how the article never uses the term "bullet proof glass" or anything similar, unless they are directly quoting someone. I mean, guns are bad, so things that are bullet proof are good, but we are trying to get rid of them here, so let's not use a term that has positive connotations. The new speak is real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ulric said:

 

 

Cops carrying guns and wearing armor is a symbol of distrust, let's ban that as well.

 

Sadly, there are people on the left who actually believe that, and more.

There are certain contexts where I'm not a fan of armored tac'd out cops.

Like for example, as a school resource officer.

Now, checking my privilege, I realize that's in a Canadian context.

Our gun crime and prevalence of violence is significantly lower than y'alls.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 1:33 AM, Donward said:

Philadelphia is considering banning the use of bulletproof glass by shopkeepers in the hood.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-small-business/wp/2017/12/04/philadelphia-is-considering-whether-to-ban-barrier-windows-inside-shops/?utm_term=.420ed5daab11

 

“It’s an indignity” to make purchases through such a window, said City Councilwoman Cindy Bass in this Philadelphia Inquirer article. Bass and others believe the windows represent race and class differences and a “symbol of distrust.”

 

A symbol of distrust? Ya, you think?

Is that even constitutionally legal? They are trying to take away the shopkeepers' right to protect themselves from harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShamefurDispray said:

Is that even constitutionally legal? They are trying to take away the shopkeepers' right to protect themselves from harm.

 

I think this falls under "zoning" insofar as cities/counties have the ability to dictate what gets built where and how. Within reason.

 

 

 

13 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

I'm finding it increasingly hard to convince myself that these councilpersons are not simply on the side of the ruffians.

 

But I guess it's Philly, so they probably are.

 

Yeah. Doesn't help that these shopkeepers are probably the Asian/Indian immigrant stereotype trying to pursue the American Dream in a traditionally Black ghetto with all the fun that entails.

 

I wonder if these council persons actually live in the hood they're representing or do they just have a mailing address? Don't know Philly politics other than what I picked up watching Eagles games and "The Fresh Prince of Belair"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ulric said:

 

Also, I really like how the article never uses the term "bullet proof glass" or anything similar, unless they are directly quoting someone. I mean, guns are bad, so things that are bullet proof are good, but we are trying to get rid of them here, so let's not use a term that has positive connotations. The new speak is real.

Now wrap your head around the near quarterly efforts on the part of many shitbird congress-critters to ban the civvy possession of body armor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Meplat said:

Now wrap your head around the near quarterly efforts on the part of many shitbird congress-critters to ban the civvy possession of body armor. 

 

 

Well, of course they should ban it. Civilians don't need body armor, so why should they be able to have it? We all know that if you let civies have body armor, the first thing they will do is go on a rampage and get into a shootout with the cops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ulric said:

 

 

Well, of course they should ban it. Civilians don't need body armor, so why should they be able to have it? We all know that if you let civies have body armor, the first thing they will do is go on a rampage and get into a shootout with the cops.

Just like if you let them have parachutes, life jackets or fire extinguishers. There'd be kamikaze plane crashes, passenger liners intentionally ramming icebergs and raging confligrations all over the place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

I'm finding it increasingly hard to convince myself that these councilpersons are not simply on the side of the ruffians.

 

But I guess it's Philly, so they probably are.

 

 

Those ruffians are the local democrat voter base!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Net neutrality is no more. The law has been nullified. 

 

Leftists and libs across my feed are frothing and gnashing teeth, calling for uprising, for an end to the oligarchy. For this atrocity against mankind's unalienable rights to be met with a force.

 

And, as part of the pro 2A crowd... empathy is kind of beyond me. These are the same idiots that will bleat about how the second amendment should be repealed. 

 

The same types that say, "It only applies to muskets!" What about the 1st amendment? That only apply to printing presses?

 

"It's not the same!"

 

And then you expect me to be upset with you over this. You fear the government? Welcome to the fucking club.

 

No, I don't think it's a good thing. I don't like the FCC. They are shitters. But some people can really be choosy about the rights they try to protect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×