Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

On 1/13/2018 at 1:03 PM, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

"Accidentally" sent an entire state warning of a missile inbound on their position. 

Either someone's head is going to really going to roll, or the gubmint ain't tellin' us somethin'.

It is looking more and more like someone's head is NOT going to roll from what I've seen on the Intertubes. Furthermore, I'm kind of skeptical about this "push the wrong button" narrative. So there's like this big red button in Hawaii's Office of Emergency management (or whatever it's called) which - when pushed - sends out a text stating "WEESA ALL GONNA DIE!!! SAY YOUR PRAYERS CUZ WEEZ A GONNA BE EATING FECES WITH SATAN TONIGHT!!!"... or the like?

If so,  I want to see it. And if I was a reporter at the Honolulu Star-Advertiser (or the local TV stations) I'd be rattling the cage demanding to see the "accidentally pressed button". Which as we know, doesn't exist. Somebody was on a computer and fucked up somehow. 

Reading the reaction to this clusterfuck, whether it is the government officials of Hawaii or its citizenry, the people in the The Aloha State not only lack the material means of surviving a nuclear attack (or similar natural disaster) but they lack the mental means of doing the same.

This is a wonderful educational video that some men in popular positions should heed to. 

Aka, Aziz. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/15/aziz-ansari-behaviour-matters-allegations-date-young-woman-coercion-sexual-behaviour

Looks like some woman is coming out saying that he forced her to have sex with him. 

Maybe I'm a cynical bastard, but I think that if Aziz wasn't a rich, popular comedian, this allegation wouldn't exist. 

Maybe if Aziz was really Aaron who lived in a trailer park and worked at a truck stop, the woman wouldn't have much to say on the matter.

13 hours ago, Donward said:

What is an Aziz Ansari? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Ansari#Film_career

I had to resort to Google/Wikipedia and... I guess I've watched Venture Brothers episode he was in.

I find the entire situation interesting. It's a case of buyer's remorse. 

The left is quick to crucify these days on rape allegations. Innocent until proven guilty be damned. 

But since Aziz is loved by the left, it's caused a rift in their groupthink.

Of course, if this was actually rape, she could have gone to the police. Not went to the media. 

https://imp-navigator.livejournal.com/697229.html

In Venezuela, a group of rebels, led by Oscar Peres was liquidated

Oscar Perez is the same police officer who hijacked a police helicopter in the summer and bombarded the building of the Supreme Court of Venezuela. After that, his group organized an attack on the military to seize weapons, etc.
   TASS, January 16. Rebellious Venezuelan officer Oscar Perez was killed on Monday during a fight with law enforcement agencies in a suburb of Caracas. This was reported by the website of the CNN channel in Spanish with reference to a source in the Venezuelan government.
   According to the Ministry of the Interior, Justice and Peace, the Peres group was neutralized, some of its members were destroyed, five people were detained. Precise information about the number of killed members of the group and the fate of Peres himself was not officially announced. In the clash, according to the Interior Ministry, two police officers were killed, five were seriously injured.

And this video from Oscar Perez, that he uploaded during the battle

Jeff Bezos' cunning plan to make hipsters and rich, white liberals starve to death is coming to fruition.

Whole Foods stores facing food shortages.

http://www.businessinsider.com/whole-foods-employees-reveal-why-stores-are-facing-a-crisis-of-food-shortages-2018-1

https://pjmedia.com/trending/furious-shoppers-report-widespread-empty-shelves-whole-foods-markets-across-u-s/

Shoppers at Whole Foods Markets across the U.S. have been astonished to discover empty shelves at their local stores in recent months, with one customer describing the stores as "the Soviet Safeway." 

The horror. The horror.

Edit: 

Patricia Brook said she found the same problems at a store in Fort Collins, Colorado, mentioning its stock of products from Whole Foods' value brand, 365.

"No 365 cottage cheese, no 365 plain nonfat organic yogurt, no Brat Hans chicken breakfast sausage, no Norwegian salmon, no 365 brown eggs — shelves are bare!" she said. "So I come back once. Still bare! I come back twice. Still bare!"

Bitch. All "Norwegian salmon" is is cheap farmed, Atlantic salmon which are fed orange dye pellets to make the flesh look that color. And you're paying a premium price for that "Norwegian salmon" too, I bet.

Adrienne Elias said that she and her husband had for years been loyal to Whole Foods but that in the past year she had noticed constant out-of-stocks, poorly stocked shelves, and "limp, brown, soggy" produce.

"We found ourselves thrilled at the news that Amazon was assuming ownership, hoping that they would be able to fix the problems, a lot of which we believed to be the result of very incompetent staff," she told Business Insider. "We thought that perhaps it would simply take more time."

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

On 1/28/2018 at 2:29 AM, Priory_of_Sion said:

There's an HMS Queen Elizabeth shaped track in portsmouth harbour (satellite image is out of date, obviously)

09S3jur.png

You can even see they're not jogging on the ramp at the front of the flight deck

On 1/27/2018 at 7:29 PM, Priory_of_Sion said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/strava-ceo-responds-heat-map-exposes-secret-us-military-bases-around-the-world-2018-1

Strava's CEO has responded after the fitness-tracking app released a global map of activity that appears to expose several sensitive US military and humanitarian relief sites around the world.

"In building [the map], we respected activity and profile privacy selections, including the ability to opt out of heatmaps altogether," Strava CEO James Quarles wrote in a statement sent to Business Insider.

"However, we learned over the weekend that Strava members in the military, humanitarian workers, and others living abroad may have shared their location in areas without other activity density and, in doing so, inadvertently increased awareness of sensitive locations."

Quarles wrote that he had family members in the military and that his company was "taking this matter seriously and understand our responsibility."

Quarles committed himself to "working with military and government officials to address potentially sensitive data" as well as streamlining the privacy features and "reviewing features that were originally designed for athlete motivation and inspiration to ensure they cannot be compromised by people with bad intent."