Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

New Saudi prince opened his mouth, claimed to be what he said:

I will no longer be "gentle" with Putin, we can destroy Russian forces in Syria in 3 days. I think that there are many terrorist groups in Syria that must be defeated. But it's the Russians who are trying to expand terrorism in the Middle East. It is not difficult to imagine how the spirit of these terrorists has grown, and it is obvious that Russia is helping terrorists by attacking the FSA (c) Mohammed Ben Salman

"Saudi Arabia won't 'go soft' on Russia,we will issue an ultimatum to Mr. Putin, If Russia continues its indiscriminate bombing, we should make clear that we will take steps to hold its forces at greater risk,Russia must keep in mind that our millitary capabilities will be enough to destruct Russian forces in Syria in 3 days"

Any confirmation on this one?

But anyway,

1498210256c8e2f87cb6510f43409f153b34094356.jpg

That idiot need to look how well Saudis "defeated" Houthis in 3 days.

I apparently missed that California is trying to enact it's own travel ban, but towards fellow states that they accuse of being discriminatory towards LGBT people.  To defeat the Hitler, you must become the Hitler.

DDQWj2RWsAAPUPc.jpg

I feel like this also probably violates the constitution (Article 4, section 2, clause 1 specifically), but it's California so I'm not quite surprised.  I've not bothered to look at the details, but it's funny regardless

1 hour ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

I apparently missed that California is trying to enact it's own travel ban, but towards fellow states that they accuse of being discriminatory towards LGBT people.  To defeat the Hitler, you must become the Hitler.

DDQWj2RWsAAPUPc.jpg

I feel like this also probably violates the constitution (Article 4, section 2, clause 1 specifically), but it's California so I'm not quite surprised.  I've not bothered to look at the details, but it's funny regardless

implying liberal lawyers even read the constitution

2 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Oh that shit has been in place for months in cali already and July 1st if you don't turn in any magazines that hold more than 10 rounds your a criminal but I don't know if they made it felony.

A felony? Really? 

Manslaughter is a Class A misdemeanor. What the hell, California?

The Mercs 2 LARPing has gone too far, group of ~1200 military types are trying to stage a coup/revolt in Venezuela, flew a helicopter over their supreme court thing and dropped a few grenades on it.  As far as I'm aware, up until now, Maduro has been able to keep the military folks under control there.

The guy leading it I guess is the Venezuelan equivalent of an FBI guy.  His instagram too since it's got relevant stuff.  

Venezuelans. Dear brothers, we are speaking on behalf of the state.
We are a coalition of soldiers, policemen and civilians, searching for balance and against this transitional criminal government. We do not belong to a political party. We are nationalists, patriots, and institutionalists.
This fight, isn't against the rest of the state security force. It's against the impunity imposed by this government. Against tyranny. Against the young men and women who died fighting for their legitimate rights. Against hunger. Against poor healthcare. Against fanaticism. This fight is for life. This fight is for the hope we construct.
This is not revenge. It is justice and conscience that leads us to look for change. We wear this armband with the color of truth and Jesus Christ, who is with us.
It's because of this that we are calling all Venezuelans from the east to the west, from north to south, to accompany us in this struggle, let's go out into the streets, from Caracas to Fuerte Tiuna. And in the center of the country to every military base. So that we may reunite as brothers with our national armed forces.
And together, we retake our beautiful Venezuela.
In this day, we are making an aerial and land deployment with the sole purpose of giving back democratic power to the people. And in this, comply and enforce the laws to reestablish the constitutional order.
It's because of this that we adhere to Articles 305 and 333 of our Magna Carta. It is our duties as state security officials to we disarm this gang of thugs to restore peace to the people of Bolivar. President Maduro, we demand your immediate resignation along with all your ministers and that general elections be called immediately.
Brother in arms, we have two choices: to be judged tomorrow by our consciousness and the people, or to free the people from this corrupt government.
We are warriors of god and our mission is to serve the people. Hail Venezuela

4u4c0Qr.jpg

Flag says article 350, part of their constitution on how the people have the right to rebel if the government becomes a bunch of assholes.

15 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

More Canada shenanigans, telling google to globally deindex search results for allegedly pirated stuff.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/google-must-yank-search-results-globally-says-canada-court/

Someone needs to remind the Canadian supreme court that there is this concept called "jurisdiction", and where exactly their jurisdiction ends. Why has Canada gone completely bonkers this year? Yeah, that misgendering BS law has a 99% probability of just being symbolic, but still, they passed it. The UK has similar things going on when it comes to attempting to regulate and criminalize certain online activity, such as saying mean things to someone over the interwebs. What the Christ is going on?