Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

The feeling when Turkish President Erdogan accuses Israel and the United States of genocide.

:blink:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/turkey-recalls-ambassadors-erdogan-israel-gaza-protests-genocide-us-embassy-jerusalem-border-fence-a8351746.html

“What Israel has done is a genocide," Mr Erdogan said in a speech broadcast on Turkish state television. "I condemn this humanitarian drama, the genocide, from whichever side it comes, Israel or America.”

6 minutes ago, roguetechie said:

In other news Sammy Sosa and Mark Maguire held a press conference earlier today calling for 7 MLB starting players to be drug tested because "No one who isn't juicing can play like that".

They, of all people, should be experts in spotting culprits. 

I always laughed at the outrage surrounding the Lance Armstrong explosion of anger from people who have literally never in their life been associated with or even watched a cycling event. Where were they in the 90s when cyclists were dropping dead at age 35 in Europe due to abuses to their bodies and drug complications?

That's saying nothing to the fact that literally everyone in the NFL is on a chemical enhancer of some sort.

On 14 May 2018 at 6:04 AM, Ramlaen said:

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180511/artists-makeover-of-historic-carcassonne-fortress-angers-locals

I don't know if it's because we don't have these kind of historical structures in the states and that makes me value them more, but this kind of shit really pisses me off.

IIRC The current 'citadel' is itself a reconstruction.....It is certainly not authentic in many areas.

2 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

That's saying nothing to the fact that literally everyone in the NFL is on a chemical enhancer of some sort.

Honestly when it comes to high level athletics and etc, I really honestly don't see the big deal other than maybe just outright going NHRA / IPSC and having an unlimited and a super stock class to keep the playing field level.

2 hours ago, roguetechie said:

Honestly when it comes to high level athletics and etc, I really honestly don't see the big deal other than maybe just outright going NHRA / IPSC and having an unlimited and a super stock class to keep the playing field level.

Don't misunderstand me. I think it should all be fair game. Let's see just how crazy we can go. And who knows, we may learn something of value. 

11 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Don't misunderstand me. I think it should all be fair game. Let's see just how crazy we can go. And who knows, we may learn something of value. 

I'd be kinda interested in just what could be done in the way of an unlimited class human at this point.

Like with so many cool things out there the biggest key would be "informed enthusiastic consent" on the part of those really going down these roads, but the reality is it's going to happen one way or another...

If we at least formalize it and keep it above board where it is visible we will have a better handle on curbing the worst of the excesses.

People will get hurt, they will drastically decrease their lifespans, they will have totally unnecessary amputations and augmentations, and if it's in the open we will at least have a hope of remediation of the suffering of the human wreckage as well as actually learning from what will be done either way.

Global Warming HELPING Alaska's Bowhead whale population?

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018/05/13/bowhead-whales-dwellers-of-icy-seas-enjoy-steady-growth-off-alaska-in-the-age-of-climate-change/

Temperatures in the Arctic have risen faster than anywhere else in the world, creating more open water that is apparently improving conditions for the tiny krill and other crustaceans the bowheads eat, scientists said.

Alaska's bowhead abundance appears to still be rising after decades of growth, while calf production is especially strong, they said.

"One of the best indicators of overall health of the herd is good calf production and we're sure seeing that," said George, a longtime bowhead expert from Utqiagvik, the nation's northernmost community.

Records show the whales are also fatter than they were about 30 years ago, with full stomachs in fall and low disease rates, George said.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:29 PM, Belesarius said:

That is literally the most meaningless legislation he could push for. 

In its entire history Israel has never declared war, and for the last 30-40 years Israel didn't even take part in any war, only limited operations. If he wants this to mean anything, at all, he needs to push for an alteration of a constitutional law, which he cannot pass without a supermajority of, I believe 90 MKs (Members of Knesset).

On 5/1/2018 at 8:32 AM, Bronezhilet said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/991108490356649984

So apparently Bibi was talking shit (again).

The presentation itself was not supposed to show much new information, except for maybe the last part where they connected the program with currently running programs. The idea was that the IAEA would get access to the entire archive, and it takes time to review. It may take time though until there's an answer.

21 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

In past few weeks isreali snipers managed to shot number of Palestinian protestors. Well, they are reaching new levels.

Also that tweet was deleted after videos appeared of bullets landing into protestors

DdO1z4BUQAEYQH1.jpg

I rememeber how loud was outcry when this happened in Kiev.

In Kiev there was an outcry because people were shooting at their own. Don't quite remember how it all went down there. That was 4 years ago. Still, the situation in Gaza is not comparable in any way. 

Over the time, some people who shouldn't have been injured, or killed, were injured and/or killed. But thankfully the numbers are low. 

You're right I really don't have to be rude about it, but it's almost a guarantee that when I see something as asinine as what you just said I will be.

The truly sad thing is you almost certainly don't see that your choosing to respond that way will sour people to actions that they'd otherwise see as legitimate. Me for example, I actually don't see anything wrong with the things going on now but because of the arrogance, dishonesty, and overall disgustingly patronizing way you "made your case".... It's a fight for me not to knee jerk WANT to find some reason I can condemn it!

Bluntly, every time you speak up for your cause and your nation you do it damage by being so monumentally easy to hate.

51 minutes ago, roguetechie said:

You're right I really don't have to be rude about it, but it's almost a guarantee that when I see something as asinine as what you just said I will be.

The truly sad thing is you almost certainly don't see that your choosing to respond that way will sour people to actions that they'd otherwise see as legitimate. Me for example, I actually don't see anything wrong with the things going on now but because of the arrogance, dishonesty, and overall disgustingly patronizing way you "made your case".... It's a fight for me not to knee jerk WANT to find some reason I can condemn it!

Bluntly, every time you speak up for your cause and your nation you do it damage by being so monumentally easy to hate.

So I don't get to voice my opinion? I merely reiterated that some people make mistakes, because judgement changes and gets colder when you cannot see the person. Usually people agree with such stance. If this antagonized you that much, maybe there is also a problem in you.

But I can definitely see a pattern here. I will be careful not to speak near you, so as to not antagonize you.

Dude, your nation's troops have just whacked 60+ unarmed protestors, kneecapped another couple of thousand.....All this while the protestors are on the tiny sliver of land that your government permit them, and for having the audacity to approach a border that your nation has imposed on their land!

But apparently you still feel the need to preach at us on behalf of this monstrosity?  Insecure much?  

Maybe stick to the Merkavas?

Have you guys seen footage of the behavior of the Palestinians, and the bullshit Hamas is supposed to be doing to incite this?  You guys act like Isreal is the only side doing questionable things, and you are basing it on info coming out from a press with a blatant bias and basically terrorist scum openly calling for the destruction of Isreal?  

The Palestinians could have peace, anytime they want, all they have to do is stop being terrorists scum and actually sit down with an honest desire for peace, and they would get it. Isreal would be happy to not have a bunch of assholes waiting with baited breath to murder their people, on their borders. 

It seems kind of ironic, that a bunch of Euro nations who sat back, or aided the Nazis in rounding up, robbing, and murdering 6 million Jews, now castigate the country the Jews who survived, created to defend themselves from it happening again, are now attacking Israel for defending themselves from their neighbors who are openly calling for the same solution the Nazis used. 

Oddly, maybe not a coincidence, antisemitism and Jew murders are on the rise again in Europe,  but hey, it's cause they're the evil ones right, not the assholes who send people, including kids, to blow themselves up for "to stop the Zionist oppression!"

Easy tiger.....You've got mighty pissy when I've said a whole lot less than that in response to you in the past.

Sadly, as was the case with Korea, you are clearly quite blissfully unaware of the history of the founding of the state of Israel.....I've provided a link elsewhere, perhaps you might avail yourself of it before ranting here?

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Easy tiger.....You've got mighty pissy when I've said a whole lot less than that in response to you in the past.

Take your best shot big guy. I don't recall getting pissy with you, more calling you out on your shit posting, but if you want to go to the wall defending a bunch of terrorist assholes go for it. 

18 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If you want history lessons again I'm going to have to start charging.  ;)

All you've ever taught me is you're an overly emotional, and slightly deluded Brit, who has clever little names for politicians he doesn't like, who freaks out over pretty minor stuff.  When you're not being a spaz about politics, you can be an interesting fellow. 

A good part of what makes this place interesting, is we have a fairly diverse (Ewww I used that fucking word) contributor base. If you guys keep being a dick to a lone Israeli, who has nothing to do with his nation's actions, and who has every right to defend his nation and share his opinion, some of that diversity might die. Why do you hate diversity?:AHDOTCOM:

Having said that, I'm not a mod, I'm not Mighty Zuks daddy, and if you guys feel compelled to save the forum by going after the guy because you can't handle his opinion like adults, it's none of my business. 

My Bad. So with that, have at it.