Sturgeon's House
Belesarius

Celebrities that are now dead

10 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yeah, that actually upset me a bit.  I liked Bourdain a lot.  He was a cooks cook. Very unapologetically himself. Kitchen Confidential was a great book, and a very real look at what it's like behind the scenes in a busy kitchen.

9 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

Yeah, that actually upset me a bit.  I liked Bourdain a lot.  He was a cooks cook. Very unapologetically himself. Kitchen Confidential was a great book, and a very real look at what it's like behind the scenes in a busy kitchen.

Yeah, both his shows were pretty interesting, and it was amusing he got into Jujitzo late in life.

32 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Who's celebrating? I liked the guy's shows, and though he was an interesting dude. 

No. I don't mean celebrating like "Yay, he died". I meant celebrating like the endless sob stories which we are now be treated to by the media because the purse designer or the celebrity chef ended it all. I don't want to get this topic off track though. So I may or may not cobble something together elsewhere. Hopefully the latter. 

Bourdain was legitimately open-minded, like most people who take to world-traveling tend to end up being.

Some people kill themselves because they are legitimately nobodies who made their living doing nothing important, and others...

I don't think Bourdain was the first type. Was he the greatest person ever? No. But I knew very little of him, and he still made an impression on me.