Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

StuG III Thread (and also other German vehicles I guess)

EnsignExpendable

RO-1 is about as close to the real thing as your gonna get while still being allowed modicums of fun

my point is that the both the Sherman driver's and commander's optics can be retoated, while the Tiger's cant. Hell the Tiger only has slits on his cupola, that cant be rotated and leave alot of blind spots

RO-1 is about as close to the real thing as your gonna get while still being allowed modicums of fun

my point is that the both the Sherman driver's and commander's optics can be retoated, while the Tiger's cant. Hell the Tiger only has slits on his cupola, that cant be rotated and leave alot of blind spots

The loader on the Sherman had a rotating periscope as well. 

I seem to recall reading instances, including a book by a British colonel turned historian admiring the big cats during Market Garden and in the Low Countries because of their tactical mobility and lower ground pressure. (Now I'll have to look up my reading list for that book).

Funneling Shermans across narrow causeways surrounded by flooded fields probably didn't help either.