Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Movie tanks and terrible Vismods

On ‎2018‎/‎09‎/‎18 at 5:51 PM, Conner Webb said:

That’s really bad. I don’t see how you can fuck up a CGI vehicle like that.

The guys who made the film "USS Indianapolis" (starring Nicolas Cage) would like you to hold their beer while they proceed to lower the bar. 

gul2banedr911.jpg

For some reason, that Portland-class cruiser was in the middle of mutating into an Iowa when the Japanese decided to voice their disapproval.

So...yeah, the CGI guys are occasionally capable of utter blasphemies that simply elude our understanding. Sorry for the naval digression, I just felt I had to post it in response to Conner Webb's statement.

5 hours ago, Renegade334 said:

The guys who made the film "USS Indianapolis" (starring Nicolas Cage) would like you to hold their beer while they proceed to lower the bar. 

gul2banedr911.jpg

For some reason, that Portland-class cruiser was in the middle of mutating into an Iowa when the Japanese decided to voice their disapproval.

So...yeah, the CGI guys are occasionally capable of utter blasphemies that simply elude our understanding. Sorry for the naval digression, I just felt I had to post it in response to Conner Webb's statement.

I watched 15 minutes of that movie and my eyes started to bleed. That movie has to be the most pitiful laughing stock of military films in the past 5 years for the most horrible CGI and animation. It passed American Sniper by miles in my book for pathetic attempts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chiefbrams on the Top Gun 2 set:

kxUVKLF.jpg

For some reason it sports a DShK. You'd think that, with the US armed forces' blessing, the movie producers could afford an actual M1A2, but noooooo...

Sauce: https://www.hollywoodpipeline.com/2018/12/15/tom-cruise-and-miles-teller-filming-top-gun-maverick/

And guess who makes an appearance after 13 years of retirement?

Spoiler

HKGbP2B.jpg

8hMhZCS.jpg

To be fair, though, there's a good chance this is just a mockup rather than the real deal. I mean, are there even flyable Tomcats (for exhibitions or whatnot) still around? Most of them are either already dismantled or rusting away in an aircraft cemetary.

P.S. Yes I know it's the wrong thread for the last two pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 1:32 PM, EnsignExpendable said:

Honestly, the tanks are probably the least bad thing about this movie...

Where did they get a T-34/76?  If they used a T-34/85, I would not have been surprised, those are easily available.  I didn't think there were many T-34/76 tanks around in running condition.