Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Moving the Independent

EnsignExpendable

I just came across this video, where the British Independent tank is moved for an exhibition.

Man, that suspension is in terrible shape. Track links have seized up, the springs have seized up, and that horrible groaning sound when it moves is indicative of some bigger problems. Yuri Pasholok & Co. complained that the T-35 that moved under its own power was in horrible condition, but this thing is just a whole new ball game.

WD-40 is yankee garbage, ZX-54 is the one true lubricant! A liberal dousing of that stuff would be a very good thing for that tank. I don't know much about that vehicle - AFAIK it's sat in that spot for the past few decades, and now it's been moved out of the way of the creepy looking horse replicas the museum can keep on ignoring it.

WD-40 is yankee garbage, ZX-54 is the one true lubricant! A liberal dousing of that stuff would be a very good thing for that tank. I don't know much about that vehicle - AFAIK it's sat in that spot for the past few decades, and now it's been moved out of the way of the creepy looking horse replicas the museum can keep on ignoring it.

Oh shush, WD-40 is awesome.  The wife and I spray it on the legs of our chickens to kill mites.  The WD-40 essentially suffocates the mites.  There are no end to the things that can be accomplished with WD-40. 

I don't know about that chicken thing, I remember pretty well from a misguided youth that WD-40 doesn't particularly like high heat or flames. (I also know someone who destroyed his PC using it as fan lubricant when his CPU reached the flash point and it all caught fire.)

....Then again, flash fried chicken does sound pretty amazing.