Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/russia-delays-kurganets-25-production/

Think the delay til 2021 was bad? It's getting worse. 

They're saying they need to fix more issues and that the BMP-3 is still a new platform. Not only that but the Russian MoD seems to be stuck in the past by saying the Kurganets-25 are too big.

If you can't read it because it requires subscription, just create an email here:

https://emailfake.com/7.fackme.gq/mer.mos

• 4 weeks later...

Armata firing during demonstration to Rogozin

Also

The army pre-serial production service (field tests) of the Armata tank will be conducted in 2019, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said at a meeting at the UVZ, TASS reported.

affi5414_kopiya-jpg.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Hard to tell how stable T-14 looks while firing thanks to that awful panning. An improvement over the original results, though. 

I think that's pretty enough. It's fairly unstable compared to some 60-ton hulks in the west. Not really surprising given the fact it has so far the highest pressure tank gun in service anywhere, and perhaps the lightest weight 3rd gen MBT in service as well. 

2 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

I think that's pretty enough. It's fairly unstable compared to some 60-ton hulks in the west. Not really surprising given the fact it has so far the highest pressure tank gun in service anywhere, and perhaps the lightest weight 3rd gen MBT in service as well. 

Don't forget that gun itself is mounted much higher relatively to the ground compared to older "T" tanks.

Gurkhan says that Russia failed in development of the Kurganets-25. The factory is bankrupt.

Gurkhan's note: the old men and women at KMZ think that something will get better under RosTech's management! Hilarious! Twice as hilarious if you know that KMZ fucked up thanks to the efforts of people close to RosTech. As for the Kurganets, I critiqued it from the beginning for its limitless size and weak armament.

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I don't trust Google Translate enough to have a strong opinion, but this doesn't look too promising:  http://gurkhan.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/blog-post_10.html

Hoping the regulars can clarify (and that this is actually the right place to have posted it)?

it is bullshit from what I found. Otvaga forum owner contacted one of Kurganmash friend, Kurganets is in development without big problems. From what I got this claim is internal money-related rivalry.

3 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

Which companies are in rivalry?

IDK. Kurgamash is now under Rostec, maybe this is related somehow. Factory continue to work as usual, they almost completed BMP-3 order, preparing for production of updated version of it, BMD-4Ms and BTR-MDM full production started or will start soon, it also produce parts as usual.