Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

51 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

ATGM carrier on Kurganets-25 chassis

http://s3.uploads.ru/d/ihUJj.jpg

Strange that nobody paid attention to giant FUCKING RADAR-looking thing on top of that ATGM carrier. Radar detection of targets? Radar-guided missiles? Top attack and fire and forget is for dirty capitalists, i guess.

24 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Strange that nobody paid attention to giant FUCKING RADAR-looking thing on top of that ATGM carrier. Radar detection of targets? Radar-guided missiles? Top attack and fire and forget is for dirty capitalists, i guess.

Are we absolutely sure this isnt an anti air vehicle? Those missiles are too small to be ATGMs. However thin missiles with a kinetic kill mechanism or thin cylindrical fragmentation warheads for short range engagement of helicopters, is a thing.

1 hour ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Are we absolutely sure this isnt an anti air vehicle? Those missiles are too small to be ATGMs. However thin missiles with a kinetic kill mechanism or thin cylindrical fragmentation warheads for short range engagement of helicopters, is a thing.

link in Soviet tanks thread and vehicle was noted as самоходная пусковая установка ПТРК, self-propelled ATGM launcher. Maybe they are using Bulat ATGM? IDK.

It does looks like SPAAG, but I never saw such SPAAG before. And there is Derivatsiya already. Until it is proven to be SPAAG I am going with what was written in presentation.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, LoooSeR said:

link in Soviet tanks thread and vehicle was noted as самоходная пусковая установка ПТРК, self-propelled ATGM launcher. Maybe they are using Bulat ATGM? IDK.

It does looks like SPAAG, but I never saw such SPAAG before. And there is Derivatsiya already. Until it is proven to be SPAAG I am going with what was written in presentation.

Yes, it looks like Bulat.

9d69beeee3681ff21f92a1a57e724b8b.jpg

And BRM-3 "Rys" also has a radar.

040811_brm-3-rys.jpg

On 5/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, LoooSeR said:

The more I look, the more it seems to me that this is armored reconnaissance vehicle like M3 Bradley (CFV).

On 5/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, LoooSeR said:

Are those red things Drozd?

48 minutes ago, Xoon said:

Are those red things Drozd?

size is too small for Drozd APS and Drozd is outdated and I doubt that it will be used. Those are IMO smoke grenade launchers like on Boomerang-BM turrets, you can see those on photos posted here.

1 hour ago, AndreyKryuchenko said:

The more I look, the more it seems to me that this is armored reconnaissance vehicle like M3 Bradley (CFV).

Maybe it is light and simplified version of Khrizantema, only instead of heavy ATGM they wanted to use Bulats? Detection with radar, all ATGMs to use are in launcher in ready-to-fire configuration instead of being loaded in autoloader magazine on Khrizantema.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:20 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

What's the deal with Bulat?  It seems too small to be a significant threat.....Could it be a means of defeating APS/ERA by sheer volume of fire?

Bulat is the T-64 upgrade with Nozh ERA and T-80U-like rubber panels.  I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

24 minutes ago, That_Baka said:

57mm ATGM.

That's the one.....Surely something that small's just going to make an interesting splattery pattern on a modern AFV's armour?

Was wondering if it might be intended to overwhelm active defences before something like the Ataka or Kornet actually kicks the target's teeth in?

On 5/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, AndreyKryuchenko said:

Yes, it looks like Bulat.

9d69beeee3681ff21f92a1a57e724b8b.jpg

And BRM-3 "Rys" also has a radar.

040811_brm-3-rys.jpg

It is Shipunov's conception of "Ideal" weapon - so called "smart bullet", in reality a beam riding small missile with not CE, but high speed kinetic warhead (along the round). Designed for use by a single trooper or as add-on weapon for IFV and so on.

image003.jpg

http://btvt.info/3attackdefensemobility/rarn_shipunov.htm

9 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

Bulat is the T-64 upgrade with Nozh ERA and T-80U-like rubber panels.  I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

Bulat is some sort of light ATGM that I saw for the first time when Epokha turret models photos appeared. Never saw anything about it - caliber, penetration, type of warhead, guidance system, etc. Although it had smaller caliber than Kornet ATGM.