Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

I feel sorry for whoever had to do the cleaning on the T-14. It just looks so clean. It's as if it just rolled out of the factory.

Kurganets-25 most likely will not be presented at RAE-2015, instead some models will be avaliable to look at :-/

Like those models:

-snip-

Was it said why? It seems odd.

2S35 hasn't been seen at the RAE grounds, and will be showed thanks to official confirmation. We may or may not see Kurganets, and I wouldn't be surprised to actually see it. 

Welcome to SH Mohamed  ;)

I may be optimistic, but I think the 2S35 we will see will be the Armata based version, not the modified T-90 version.

Thanks. 

I may be optimistic, but I think the 2S35 we will see will be the Armata based version, not the modified T-90 version.

I forget where I heard this from, but that has actually been confirmed. It was something like "The Armata family of vehicles will be presented; including T-14, T-15, T-16, and 2S35". Can't confirm this though. 

tyuWoFt.jpg

FnpTLTN.jpg

Gunner and Commander's stations are visible:

Gu17g4a.jpg

byitw2I.jpg

Touch Screens, touch screens everywhere.

r7eSVV6.jpg

Autoloader ammo is showed here:

LBJpZ.png

Commander have 2 monitors, they are either showing same thing in from different optics (thermal and night ?) or second monitor is showing something else, like a map.

0a8se.png

fFeZI6z.jpg

I5xnAwB.jpg

http://lenta.ru/articles/2015/09/10/terlikov/?t

Interview with Chief designer of Armata HUTP - Andrey Terlikov.

pic_57a8911f09210c4c37b610773d4756fe.jpg

Summary:

- T-14 in Zvezda documentary (that will be shown this sunday) have all features that serial vehicle should have.

- Tanks from parade were moved to factory to complete some parts, vehicles are in the process to be transfered to Army. currently they are going through final acceptance.

- Officers of military acceptance mastered tanks on/at UVZ facilities. 

- About crew qualification to use Armata-based vehicles - "...in general, "Armata" imposes requirements for the crews and maintenance staff at the level of development of modern technologies, in the same way as at the time of the T-34, and then the T-55 and T-72 - for the period when they were launched into production."

"In the last 10-15 years we have seen a certain stagnation in the development of modern main battle tanks. Developers are at a crossroad. This happened due to many factors. Most important of these is the limit of modern technology to ensure the invulnerability of the machine. Anti-tank ordnance achieved great abilities, so that modern technology does not allow to dramatically improve protection in a traditional layout, while maintaining reasonable weight and size of the machine. Let me remind you, the weight of western tanks in the latest versions is close to 70 tonnes, which severely limits their opportunities in terms of tactical mobility.

All designers are looking at exit out of this deadlock. We found our own - uninhabited combat compartment [turret and what is under it], will dramatically increase the security of the crew and the internal parts, while remaining within acceptable limits for the size and weight (slightly more than 50 tons) and has a reserve for further upgrades."

- about 152 mm gun - "This option is also being worked on, the modular design of the machine allows it. If there is a corresponding decision of the customer, we can make tank with that weapon."

- "When the wait for "their response" to the "Armata"? 

The cycle of development of the new tank today can reach eight years. Deep modernization of the previous generation of tanks can be carried out faster. There are two ways. If Germany decides to develop the project MBT Revolution, then in the next year or two, you can wait for the first vehicles of this type.

The issue in the choice of strategic direction. One of the seriously discussed options in the West - a modernization of the existing fleet of tanks with a parallel transition to a remotely controlled robotic machines. We are also studying the prospects of this direction."

- Remotelly controlled Armata - "Armata is still crewed tank, although its use in unmanned variant is realistic. But I believe that future UGV will look differently."

One comrade commentary about Zvezda video from inside of T-14, and discussion. 

"....

By the way, note - the image on the monitor is practically black and white. And a commnader's second monitor - a view of the target from panoramic sight - is also [black and white]. It is worth remembering the conversation about the properties of the human eye and target recognition. Note the zoom levels, all of which is provided by optics rather than a digit. Digital processing programms also present... Fans of the "megapixels counting" should learn ergonomics...

And there is a lot of "accelerators/simplifiers" of target finding, aiming, firing. Therefore, the opening of the fire is two times smaller than on previous generation. 

You're right - the monitors can be switched to display different information, such as observation cameras, radar image, change channels [day/night/thermal], duplicate the panoramic sight, or move to the commander's monitor video feed from gunner's sight, shooting from panoramic sight and etc. .. Previously, tank commander formed a picture of the battlefield studying environment with his "legs", now he have too integrate information from different sources.

By the way the devices [monitors, crew information/control systems] themselves - are unified. And when you change the weapon module, only programm needed to be replaced."

"....and you can sleep in it. On some video there was a "pillow" on the wall behind gnner. It is for the head in position of resting. 

Of course you have to be retrained, but if you master the instrument - there will be no barriers.

And rocking - momentum/impulse from the gun is not "childish", line of fire - high, suspension was disabled. When shooting on the move with suspension working, there is no rocking. Target autotracker does not lose lock-on after a shot. Therefore, the second shot can be done quickly."

"Driver wheel have a comprehensive indicator. Especially useful when reversing. Apart from slow backwards speed, there is transport gear. Maximum speed - 35-40 km/h. No need for higher reverse speed. 
Steering wheel position - changable.
A monitor is also mounted on the instrument panel, and it moves, too."