Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

That's an interesting idea.  I can't immediately think of any other vehicles that would deploy smoke for disembarking infantry like that, rather than just for the vehicle itself.

Those smoke grenade launchers are for vehicle first, as it is part of soft-kill APS. Look at similar system on T-14 and T-15.

• 2 weeks later...

They looks like vertical smoke screen grenade launchers (similar to Armata and Kurganets).

the horizontal constructions it's a hard kill system similary to the Armata and Kurganets

The position its ideal for hard kill systems and all vehicles Armata,Kurganets and this Boomerang versions have a radar

for hard kill systems.

Sorry for my bad english

the horizontal constructions it's a hard kill system similary to the Armata and Kurganets

The position its ideal for hard kill systems and all vehicles Armata,Kurganets and this Boomerang versions have a radar

for hard kill systems.

Sorry for my bad english

Those are not hard-kill countermeasures. They look entirely different from the Afghanit, and are most likely smoke launchers or cameras for the dismounts' situational awareness.

Those are not hard-kill countermeasures. They look entirely different from the Afghanit, and are most likely smoke launchers or cameras for the dismounts' situational awareness.

Look at this two pictures the horizontal constructions on the Boomerang looks like the same on the Kurgants-25 Afghanit

I think the Boomerang Afganit have a metal armor

65b0a8aae635aad1b068d334e244c7d6.jpg

bmp700.jpg

the cameras on the boomerang are here

e5bd23f68a49.jpg

Horizontal tubes are part of hard-kill APS, Afganit on tank/heavy IFV is different model of APS from system, mounted on Kurganets and Bumerang.

Look at this 3D render of Bumerang from several years before during development and you will see launchers on it, just without armor cover.

3bnq8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Oleg Sienko claims that first T-14s from first 100 were already delivered to army for field test.

Bumerang-based K-17 wheeled IFV model at Army 2016. 

34zwe.jpg

TuGpR.jpg

1ZiRK.jpg

Weight - 25 tons, 8 soldiers + 3 crewmembers, 750 HP engine, 800km range on roads.