Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Interesting. So they're advertising that their rifles can knock out the sensors on Armata.

I still don't get why people other tanks are any different. Nothing keeps T-14's optics from being as (if not better) protected as contemporaries.

Why is it in Russian though?

Article from the most reliable source ever: http://izvestia.ru/news/636502

The only reason I even bother posting it is because the information contained is basically a known: Armata will use an updated variant of the Kalina FCS as seen on the T-90MS. The article claims the T-72 and T-90 will receive but that's kind of unlikely for both unless the latter gets updated.

This plus other news basically means T-14 has a comparable FCS to any of the Western beasts (for the first time since the 70's on a Russian tank tbh). TC can designate targets that are then relayed to the Gunner's screen, said targets can be automatically tracked (and most likely that includes tracking prediction) with all important variables accounted for. I may be mistaken but it also seems like the TC can designate multiple targets in a specific order: so they can be automatically engaged once the last one has been destroyed/engaged. Gunner only has to press fire :P almost.

LoooSeR, you know anything more on the ammunition situation? One article made it sound like APFSDS was still in development when another claimed it was already being produced, or something like that. I know the guys at Otvaga discussed this but the translation barrier is very tall.

70s? The FCS "gap" appeared in second half of 80s, AFAIK.

Kalina on T-90MS already is comparable to any current/new FCS of Western tanks, i have no info about Armata FCS.

AFAIK shells for Armata are in development and low-rate production for testing in the same time.

70s? The FCS "gap" appeared in second half of 80s, AFAIK.

Leopard 1A4, Leopard 2 and M60A3 all entered service in the 1970s, providing clear advantages over Soviet FCS technology. The Soviet copy of the PERI R12 of the Leopard 1A4 was developed between 1985 and 1992, despite the original German sight being adopted in 1974/1975...

603292_800.jpg

Production of Autonomous climate control system for combat vehicles of "Armata" family, as well as armored brigades in Arctic, was started in Nizhny Tagil by association "Elektromashina" (part of "Uralvagonzavod" corporation).

DEA12 is ableto maintain a normal temperature in the crew compartment for several days, as well as to warm up the engine (when it is not running) and electronic machines, even at a temperature of -50 degrees outside.
   The complex also charges the batteries and regulates the pressure in the pneumatic system of the chassis.

dea12_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason i missed this, but MG RCWS on top of the turret of T-14 can move independently from panoramic sight. For some reason i feel that it was made so that gunner could use it as well when commander is busy with something else... 

qieVt.gif

F8SdV.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...