Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

13 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

@Collimatrix, looks like Armata front roller on left side is elevated slightly to help vehicle to turn. 

Are such manipulations useful for turning tracked vehicles? If last roller will be also elevated on right side (for vehicle), will it help even more? 

Yes, I think it would improve the turning.  The portions of the track furthest from the center cause the most resistance during a turn:

Yob6Y07.gif

This effect can be reduced by making the tracks further apart from each other, but that quickly makes the tank too wide to transport on a train.

I'm a little unsure why they are elevating just a single road wheel.  I would think that elevating the front road wheel and rear road wheel on both sides of the tank would help the most.  Maybe they need to keep some on the ground to keep the ground pressure lower?

First, you don't know if they're elevating only one wheel. The rear end wheel is obscured, and we can only know at this point that it happens on one side. Second, I believe ground pressure plays a factor here, because it's still a paved road after all. 

How does this affect track wear? Negatively or positively?

33 minutes ago, Xoon said:

Is that a defect?

Of course. Not only your paintjob is ruined after some driving, but look how it shines in thermal imager. Also, notice how frontal right wheel, just under this hot place, is also brighter in thermal imager compared to other wheels.