Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

On 9/10/2017 at 0:18 AM, Mighty_Zuk said:

And there I thought they actually moved on to unitary ammunition. 

Also stolen from Otvaga:

Test footage of on-target firing from 100m distance.

After 3 shots:

9832153.jpg

The 4th shot hits the wooden beam:

9888472.jpg

GIF form. Notice the target also gets another piece off. Some speculated it to be shockwave-related.

giphy.gif

It's possible that a section of the sabot hit the wooden beam.

Edit: No way that that's 100 meters, look at the elevation.

Taken from waronline.org Russian speaking Israeli defense forum. 

All this propaganda talk (1:50 - 3:00) is really unnecessary. And it's just a blatant insult to the engineers. 

Also at 4:20 (Blaze it) they use Armored Warfare footage and show a Merkava 2D as a Mark 4. Tsk tsk tsk. "Nye pravilnaya markovka druzya!"

Can't provide more commentary at the moment as I'm only half through the video.

20:07 - Apparently Leclerc is the most modern NATO tank. 

26:10 - Ability to control unmanned systems. However the current construction of the tank probably doesn't allow it to utilize this capability while on the move, or during engagement. They missed an opportunity to free up the 3rd crew member to do exclusively UAV/UGV operation duties.

32:55 - T-14's armored capsule does indeed have a spall liner. However it is painted white so it's not visible.

35:00 - T-14 will get soft-cover ERA bags. 

17 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Taken from waronline.org Russian speaking Israeli defense forum. 

All this propaganda talk (1:50 - 3:00) is really unnecessary. And it's just a blatant insult to the engineers. 

Also at 4:20 (Blaze it) they use Armored Warfare footage and show a Merkava 2D as a Mark 4. Tsk tsk tsk. "Nye pravilnaya markovka druzya!"

Can't provide more commentary at the moment as I'm only half through the video.

20:07 - Apparently Leclerc is the most modern NATO tank. 

26:10 - Ability to control unmanned systems. However the current construction of the tank probably doesn't allow it to utilize this capability while on the move, or during engagement. They missed an opportunity to free up the 3rd crew member to do exclusively UAV/UGV operation duties.

32:55 - T-14's armored capsule does indeed have a spall liner. However it is painted white so it's not visible.

35:00 - T-14 will get soft-cover ERA bags. 

This is Zvezda, and Voennaya Priyomka. It is like totalshit2 of military-related TV shows.

• 1 month later...

Elements of APS for the universal combat platform "Armata".
3UOF24 100-mm munition for APS on BMP B-11 "Kurganets-25"
3UOF25 100-mm munition for "Afganit" APS with high-explosive fragmentation projectile 3OF77 and charge TKB-941 for tank Т-14, and Heavy IFV Т-15

Edited by LoooSeR
Damn, missed that translator put APC instead of APS

46 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So they are getting the 100mm gun now? 

Nope. They write APC instead of APS.

You can understand this when they say "Afghanit APC".

The 100mm ammunition is for the Afghanit APS of course.

But the interesting part is that they list 2 separate designations for the Afghanit's ammo, meaning there are probably 2 variants - 1 for the Armata family (T-14 and T-15) and 1 for the lighter Kurganets.

If I were to guess, the Kurganets uses fragment-free munitions as it will face a lower threat of top attack munitions (fragments help the Afghanit's horizontal launchers reach fairly high) and needs more focus on dismount protection.

13 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Nope. They write APC instead of APS.

You can understand this when they say "Afghanit APC".

The 100mm ammunition is for the Afghanit APS of course.

But the interesting part is that they list 2 separate designations for the Afghanit's ammo, meaning there are probably 2 variants - 1 for the Armata family (T-14 and T-15) and 1 for the lighter Kurganets.

If I were to guess, the Kurganets uses fragment-free munitions as it will face a lower threat of top attack munitions (fragments help the Afghanit's horizontal launchers reach fairly high) and needs more focus on dismount protection.

Afganit is belived to use EFPs warheads in it's interceptors, not a fragmentation to hit incoming projectiles. Also, Afganit's hard kill system can't do shit against top attack munitions, thats why there is an extensive soft-kill system in development/developed for Armata/Kurganets/Boomerang.

1 minute ago, LoooSeR said:

Afganit is belived to use EFPs warheads in it's interceptors, not a fragmentation to hit incoming projectiles. Also, Afganit's hard kill system can't do shit against top attack munitions, thats why there is an extensive soft-kill system in development/developed for Armata/Kurganets/Boomerang.

According to whom? You don't need tube launchers for MEFP, and you certainly cannot defeat APFSDS with MEFP.

And when I said top attack I meant shallow angles of approach. I believe the Drozd was able to defeat ATGMs with 30° elevation relative to the tank.

2 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

According to whom? You don't need tube launchers for MEFP, and you certainly cannot defeat APFSDS with MEFP.

And when I said top attack I meant shallow angles of approach. I believe the Drozd was able to defeat ATGMs with 30° elevation relative to the tank.

According to pieces of patent that was leaked. AFAIK there was 2 EFP warheads aimed sideways in each rocket/interceptor. And what is MEFP? 

30° degrees is far from being top attack. It is like within angles at which HEAT shells can land at the vehicle because of distance and elevation differences between shooter and target. 

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

That patent has nothing common with Afghanit and patented by another organization.

10 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

According to pieces of patent that was leaked. AFAIK there was 2 EFP warheads aimed sideways in each rocket/interceptor. And what is MEFP? 

30° degrees is far from being top attack. It is like within angles at which HEAT shells can land at the vehicle because of distance and elevation differences between shooter and target. 

Do you still have a link to the leaked patent pieces?

I believe @Andrei_bt got it right, but I'm still curious about the patent.

• 2 weeks later...