Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

1 minute ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Ok thanks, but I thought Russia never actually purchased any BMPT's in the first place? 

It didn't, hopefully it doesn't. And for some reason someone was stupid enough to think it was even a good idea in the first place.

Why some have actually purchased it is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

It didn't, hopefully it doesn't. And for some reason someone was stupid enough to think it was even a good idea in the first place.

Why some have actually purchased it is beyond me.

Looks cool, not gonna lie before I joined the US Army and became a Tanker myself I thought it was a interesting concept. Now that I know what I know I'd be a pretty terrible vehicle realistically. 

1 hour ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Looks like there are 3 ding-dongs on the left side of the turret, and one more on the right. Can anyone make an educated guess?

Spoiler

FLwknsE.png

EDIT: Fug, these are smoke grenade launchers. 

There's a nice flat area on the side of the turret. Was it that hard to put it there?

This turret is mock up, so details can be left out.

20 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

This T-15 is what the BMPT should have been.

Add some sort of light UAV-copter and 1 of soldier inside with monitor - T-15 would get a better situational awareness than BMPT. In fact, a squad of soldiers that T-15 carry, could have increase it anti-infantry capability beyond BMPT's 5 crewmembers.

7 hours ago, Conner Webb said:

So im guessing most Active Protection Systems have cool down periods between when they’ve eliminated a threat and can do it again?

Those with rotating launchers, like Trophy, and Iron Fist do. They can be defeated with salvos with near simultaneous impact. 

To defeat the Trophy or Iron Fist from the front or rear you need 3 missiles, or 2 to the sides where their coverage doesn't converge. They also need to be configured for each APS so there's not one anti-APS mode.

i.e vs Trophy the missiles need to be parallel.

vs Iron Fist they need to be in a line.

Static launcher systems have different weaknesses and these are usually their coverage zones. They can usually be defeated by top attack munitions diving at certain angles of attack.

i.e vs Afghanit it's just a guess but you need something along the lines of 30° or 40°. To ensure defeat against inclined targets, RAFAEL made the Spike LR 2 dive at 70°. They say it was designed this way to defeat APS. 

Attack profiles can be configured via software, so just like this demonstration with Kornets, western missiles like Javelin, Hellfire, MMP etc can be configured for an anti-APS mode.

Trickier systems like the ADS perhaps, may necessitate even closer to 90°. Although I don't really know of its configuration on available platforms.

12 hours ago, Conner Webb said:

So im guessing most Active Protection Systems have cool down periods between when they’ve eliminated a threat and can do it again?

Each system is different. Hard to tell how well this mode of fire will work against real systems. Frontal missile after interception will create number of big parts that may result in inaccurate data for APS system to intercept second rocket. Chinese APS from Norinco for example fire 2 munitions during single interception procedure to combat such salvo type of ATGM attack.

"На сегодня подписан контракт на 132 машины Т-14 и Т-15. Первые девять машин мы получим уже в этом году, серийные машины. До конца 2021 года контракт будет выполнен", — сказал Криворучко журналистам на форуме "Армия-2018".

132 T-14 and T-15’s should be completed by 2021. The first 9 Seriel production vehicles should be recieved this year.

A friend of mine quoted this earlier. He said that Russia is focusing highly on upgrading prior service vehicles instead of the Armata Platform.

6 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

DId they change their logo thing again? 

That is Army 2018 logo.

4 hours ago, Conner Webb said:

"На сегодня подписан контракт на 132 машины Т-14 и Т-15. Первые девять машин мы получим уже в этом году, серийные машины. До конца 2021 года контракт будет выполнен", — сказал Криворучко журналистам на форуме "Армия-2018".

132 T-14 and T-15’s should be completed by 2021. The first 9 Seriel production vehicles should be recieved this year.

A friend of mine quoted this earlier. He said that Russia is focusing highly on upgrading prior service vehicles instead of the Armata Platform.

Yes, 132 ordred until end of 2021, number of T-14, T-15s and T-16s. 

Also, you missed my rant about decision to not buy Armata-based vehicles in any serious numbers.