Sturgeon's House
Sign in to follow this  
Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect

Get Away, Damnit. (The Camping Thread)

10 minutes ago, Khand-e said:

"I understand bringing the Enfield, but was the 1907 pattern bayonet necessary?"

"You really need a surplus flamethrower to defoliate the camp site?"

"Is bringing an AAVP-7A1 to this park and the boating docks even legal?"

"Why are you pointing the pre B CZ75 at ME!?"

When I go camping, it's  SMLE/09 Bayonet, and MkVI Webley. The CZ stays in the glovebox. 

And I have NEVER used a flamethrower in a park.

Also, the AAVP sucks for trolling.  Really a BTR is a lot better.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:40 PM, Khand-e said:

"I understand bringing the Enfield, but was the 1907 pattern bayonet necessary?"

"You really need a surplus flamethrower to defoliate the camp site?"

"Is bringing an AAVP-7A1 to this park and the boating docks even legal?"

"Why are you pointing the pre B CZ75 at ME!?"

1- Yes, as with the bayonet, I can use the rifle as a tentpole.

2- Yes, as once I burnoff all the foliage, I can fill it with premetherin/bifetherin,and murder all the fleas, ticks, etc..

3- Hey, it's fucking registered.  I got the same shit when I had the  Type 2 Ka-Mi, now that I have a bit of real U.S. kit, it's the same shit?

BRB loading the 40mm Bloop. 

4- Because there is a U.P. mosquito hovering behind you, and I forgot the 40mm BOFORS.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/foodless-odyssey-riding-across-haidai-gwaii-sustained-solely-by-nature.html

@Donward this is kind of interesting. And hilarious. A few riders try going 200km in a week but don't bring any food. They rely completely on stuff they can kill/catch/gather on the way.

Watching them stumble around the woods with compound bows was the best part. "We couldn't get close to the deer" Yeah no fucking shit you couldn't. Wild deer aren't city deer. You can't just walk up on one no problem.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:27 PM, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

I bought a house and that was taking up a lot of time. But my wife, her friend, and myself managed to get out into the woods this weekend. 

I need to file my knife down again.

40122707_10216887434727958_8157275727088

(I got a new, MUCH LARGER monitor, and)  JESUS FUCKING CHRIST what did you do to that knife!?

I have a Buck 124 that is likely older than most of the internet, that has seen more abuse than a trailer-park crackwhore, and it's nowhere near as messed up as that.

17 hours ago, Meplat said:

(I got a new, MUCH LARGER monitor, and)  JESUS FUCKING CHRIST what did you do to that knife!?

I have a Buck 124 that is likely older than most of the internet, that has seen more abuse than a trailer-park crackwhore, and it's nowhere near as messed up as that.

Chopping up a bunch of wood while camping over the last two years.

This blade is pretty brittle. This knife was $20 so I say I got a decent run out of it. I'm going to try to file those parts down, but using a hand file is going to take forever. 

5 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

For the record, those flakes taken out of the blade we're all done on a single trip. Which is weird. It might have finally found the breaking point.

Maybe you need to invest in a hatchet. Or an axe?

On 9/19/2018 at 1:49 AM, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Yeah it certainly would be a better option.

Honestly, I think a machete or a sami knife would be better, chops just as well in my experiance.  I rarely use my hatchet.  I have actually chopped down more trees with my spade than with the hatchet.