Sturgeon's House

Get Away, Damnit. (The Camping Thread)

Decided to take a short walk today. Didn't knew that it will be 4 hours long and will take place in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., thanks to small footpath and my curiosity. Had only my old phone with me, so photo quality is not great.

vd1OPKY.jpg

After 100 meters of walking found this place. Looking down in those tubes reveals big empty dark space below, half-filled with water. This thing is located between Soviet-build district and newly constructed housing project.

Spoiler

u5uKZur.jpg

So this is a roof of big ass building (floor is like 3-4 meters below those slabs of concrete)

a3EliZa.jpg

And forest is slowly eating this building.

PLGSQQQ.jpg

Walking further, no idea what this building was supposed to be.

jqgDQmS.jpg

Some small pieces of collapsed upper floors can be seen here, a bit scary to get there. Plenty of water in underground floor.

mBJSpod.jpg

To the left of main building.

CJ00pDR.jpg

Roof is partially collapsed.

fcUoZH5.jpg

6vXMBgK.jpg

Don't know what that thing is or was.

x0gbSfd.jpg

Next buildings

Spoiler

YSMSS8s.jpg

That one looks promising.

cHdHseF.jpg

Previous unfinished structure

DMnwZQb.jpg

eKI2S7F.jpg

Piece of roof.

ePBRSjl.jpg

7WDCJSF.jpg

ja6sqaE.jpg

x6iBwZZ.jpg

af0oLcS.jpg

Behind that hangar-like building found this. Also no idea what that thing was supposed to be, but it also looks unfinished.

Nk4Cy4l.jpg

Last one. Left entrance looks very unsafe, lol.

Spoiler

Q9vtv6b.jpg

It is filled with water. Few places to walk on.

pGFz9h2.jpg

vOzosRw.jpg

JqDf2Rj.jpg

Walking back home was true hobo experience, haha.

XPdxKQB.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a thread about camping. Camping is the act of purposely leaving the house and wifi connection in order to sleep on the ground, sometimes in the cold. You may choose to consume less than appeti

My way of social distancing applied today (waking up at 4 a.m. was hard though). North-western Bohemia, near the motorway Prague - Dresden. I didn't meet a single person...   

So I finally got around to making a sheath for it.         The actual sheath is made from two pieces of kiaat, with aluminium strapping held in place by clear e

Today made a trip with a friend back to abandoned buildings from my post above. Apparenly they were supposed to be water treatment facilities. This time 80% more of parkour was used to get to new places.

UYe24xs.jpg

Spoiler

CRzGPM5.jpg

Second box-like building not far from first one, also getting slowly eaten by forest. Had to do tree-climbing to get on top of that thing and pretty big jump from the roof to get back on the ground.

sfI51SF.jpg

Entering building in the first photo.

2dfGukp.jpg

Other room was just box filled with water.

mgUKvtp.jpg

Moving to biggest of unfinished buildings in this area. Will try to get inside of it.

Spoiler

mwjf9fg.jpg

DdEGcYr.jpg

Lowest level, under ground surface.

OATcwQh.jpg

My friend's photo

F5zUXvd.jpg

Kind of scary to get under it.

r2f3C42.jpg

Found stairs, got on to 1st floor. This big ass slab of concreate that partially panched through floor slab meets us with x_x

VUmCLbE.jpg

Floor have several small holes in it, on top of whole sections missing.

wePhoJ3.jpg

vMNPTnk.jpg

Wanted to make a jump to this section (it is separated by about 2 meters from us), but decided to not to do that, it would be hard to get back as photo was made from thin concreate beam that is not very good to land on.

l4iBsko.jpg

2nd floor

UyfzuCg.jpg

Getting to that wall involves walking on a thin concrete beam

x7wtTcR.jpg

f1S0Mx0.jpg

Walking near those things made me a bit nervous

dcfi2Nn.jpg

fg518RX.jpg

3rd floor.

t18STFh.jpg

And again, this part of this building is separated from us by ~2 meter jump and looking and how thin/damaged is concrete there, decided to not test it.

Back to underground level of that building, but walked deeper. In order to get there we had to do 3 jumps from concrete pieces that were surrounded by water on top pillar base.

nkilYt5.jpg

Spoiler

Tej5W1b.jpg

sIpcQkg.jpg

Central part is surrounded by a swamp.

LpoUJ3x.jpg

KijNTd2.jpg

Next is small building. We got in it and explored 2 floors and a roof. Roof was uninteresting, no photos of it. Few other guys were there, firing BB gun somewhere.

28fVAap.jpg

Spoiler

4qPXFbI.jpg

Underground level looks like something out of Syria.

jqrXjLq.jpg

2nd floor.

jC5GE82.jpg

Photo of doorway in next room through a breach in the backwall.

iHT7r0V.jpg

Would be pretty interesting place for paintball matches.

cOBPJAq.jpg

Small building away from main group of structures.

B4X1XbE.jpg

Spoiler

teK9t4y.jpg

Wa2oht2.jpg

Big hangar-like structure. Hangar itself you could see in pics from my previous trip, this time me and friend explored smaller rooms.

OdTi4tK.jpg

Spoiler

Zvt3MKI.jpg

Probably a place for a big piece of equipment.

BA1DGq9.jpg

YE8ufA9.jpg

wLy0yLI.jpg

And friend's photos of building that is like 70% flooded from my previous post.

H1GTtj3.jpg

Spoiler

T8Fiqmu.jpg

caUd34V.jpg

1 hour ago, Scolopax said:

Was this all supposed to be part of one (big) water treatment facility?

AFAIK yes, those were supposed to be a part of one big compound of buildings. In fact there is a Northern Waterworks Station located nearby and it is functioning.

GhNR7Rp.png?1 

Lower part of pic shows buildings from photos, upper part - NWS.

Few more pics from my hiking. Only one or two from each. It would be way too many of them... 

Vltava river, south of Prague

AnLajeV.jpg

Sázava river, just few kilometers away

AC7yeId.jpg

Pastviny dam, eastern Bohemia

0t67rwy.jpg

A tourist path over the Lužnice river near Tábor, south Bohemia. Once there was one of the main Hussite fortresses near this tunnel but close to nothing is left of it (Příběnice), it's some 10 km from the Hussite capital city Tábor.  

ghjcj08.jpg

Countryside near Česká Lípa, Northern Bohemia

XpYNIrT.jpg

Now something cultural, Kutná Hora without the crowds of tourists. This city was once one of the richest in Europe thanks to its silver mines which were the deepest medieaval mines in the world (around 450 meters under the ground at the end of 15th century). This fantastic place is also famous for its bone church which is decorated by bones of 40 thousand victims of plague and Hussite wars (and which is by some funny coincidence lcated just next to a factory of Philip Morris).  

aBefrNu.jpg 

Jizera mountains, north-eastern Bohemia, view towards Liberec city (hidden behind the hills) and its Ještěd mountain with a tower which won the 1969 Prix Auguste Perret architectural prize as the only building in our country. 

rg3L3Mg.jpg

A very local rain shower at the Sedlo mountain, northern Bohemia

S40CKux.jpg

View towards the German Saxony border, Lužice mountains, northern Bohemia (the boxy cliffs at the far distance are already in Saxony).

T5Cskq1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Took a small walk in forest near city, during which i remembered that i have new phone with like 4 cameras facing in the same direction. Decided to take few pics to see how they are going to look.

AJgBed9.jpg

Spoiler

T4o2URD.jpg

PgPwG2H.jpg

houWnGY.jpg

4mPHOfy.jpg

mHzeSLp.jpg

E9vlESr.jpg

xRos8JN.jpg

pyHaSmc.jpg

LRxhgfX.jpg

JyjLQet.jpg

lotx4MT.jpg

ZufglzP.jpg

dYJPpBz.jpg

MdObjaV.jpg

evFRTrD.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile I did hundreds of kilometers more on foot and took thousands of photos. I will post one or two from every trip in several batches. 

Česká Kamenice town viewed from the ruins of its castle. Northern Bohemia. In the far distance it's Saxony (one of the boxy cliffs is the famous gigantic fortress Königstein). 

dsNBCAv.jpg

The so-called Mácha lake (in fact a large pond built in 14th century and named after 19th century poet Mácha who loved to hike around the countriside). Northern Bohemia. 

u2r3izN.jpg

Former artillery training range Jordán in Brdy mountains, central Bohemia. The heavy infantry cassemate on the picture was a testing object used for resistance trials (allegedly including 305 mm ammo but I didn't find any massive damage, who knows). 

Ow6AgnC.jpg

View towards the western border with Germany (basically all the hills on the horizont). Radeč natural park near Plzeň (Pilsen), western Bohemia. 

srMYtRt.jpg

View from Tetín cliffs, one of the oldest populated places in Czechia, on Berounka river. Central Bohemia. 

fZmxspW.jpg

View from Milešovka mountain after the rain, northern Bohemia.

n4jPMdY.jpg

Few days ago made a short trip to that abandoned water threatment facility i posted earlier, and sadly it is now is being demolished. Bulldozers are at location, biggest building already lost some parts. So those photos (and previous one in this thread) could be last one of that place or at least some of structures.

UpNaBzV.jpg

On top of big structure. 3 meters below me - body of water with unknown depth until floor level. Looking S-E in direction of main building.

Spoiler

0ldzaz0.jpg

Main building with new residential buildings of Kudrovo towering behind it.

jiV82Om.jpg

Same roof, N-E, hangar-like building, half-flooded.

m7YGNQn.jpg

Forest on top of that roof.

EmzXMmF.jpg

8x0vwOu.jpg

Excavator is visible on the left. One roof supporting element is lies fallen, with it's lower part still on the edge of 2nd floor

ADtRrzh.jpg

AYULdP4.jpg

GTQYoJw.jpg

Staircase is already demolished.

KxkvEND.jpg

Parts of 3rd and 2nd floors are now on the 1st and underground levels.

cRVHl5o.jpg

Unfinished hangar-like structure supports are demolished.

R8txSjs.jpg

Other buildings are still intact.

NxQ2BCF.jpg

69KqSWS.jpg

View in western direction

ut7YKaD.jpg

Next portion of trips.

View from top of Velká Deštná mountain, directly on the Polish border, eastern Bohemia (German border before 1950). Mountains in the distance are in Poland.

vHfTFQp.jpg

The magnifficent Pernštejn castle, south Moravia. This never defeated fortress is preserved basically in the state of the late 30-years war in which it played its role in helping to defeat 1645 Torstenson's Swedish army attempt to take Brno city and advance to Wienna. The 200-strong castle garrison made several raids on the Swedish forces besieging Brno and took around 200 prisoners. It also managed to break in the city with supplies. As a result Torstenson decided to send 5500 men to take the castle but the 11-days long fight ended not far from the famous scene from Monthy Python's Holly Grail (French castle siege). The attackers armed with only 3-pdr field guns didn't manage to take even the outermost line of defence despite having a nummerical advanteg of nearly 30:1.  

y10jFea.jpg

Typical countriside of lowlands along the Labe (Elbe) river. East of Prague. 

Jw57PgD.jpg

Berounka river, western Bohemia.

SjopM6F.jpg

View from Blaník hill, central Bohemia. Accoring to a medieval legend an army of knights is resting inside the mountain to rise up when the fate of the country is at stake.

ED3cJwC.jpg

Sázava river, central Bohemia.

DsDgnT1.jpg