Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Contemporary Western Tank Rumble!

SH_MM

10 hours ago, Laviduce said:

Guys do think this diagram  is still a  legitimate estimate of the location of the turret composite modules of the Type 90 MBT:

nknf9jb7xyk01.png

I made these based on diagram and other references:

Type90turret_modules.jpg.80ac76e07500cb7

Type90turret_module_volumes.jpg.386c0115

Considering it turned out WaifuTrucker is a lying dick, I'm not trusting this one. Especially since it has some of that "oooh look at me typing text and blacking it out im so secret" stuff.

4 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Considering it turned out WaifuTrucker is a lying dick, I'm not trusting this one. Especially since it has some of that "oooh look at me typing text and blacking it out im so secret" stuff.

He made a mistake by believing what was posted without veryifying it. The numbers that were used do not seem to that far removed from the actual value,s making it even more confusing.  This has happened to me too before when i believed this chart to be of CIA origin:

CIA_Abrams_protection_assessment_7.jpg.c

That a lot these values correspond to other estimates and declassified values made it even more convincing.

6 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Registering and logging in worked for me. Also Google Translate doesn't work on pictures. :P

Don't worry, I am currently translating my article from Chinese/Japanese to English. I will start a new topic here when I'm done. It is a little hard for non-Chinese native speakers to understand that by only using the translator. (because it contains slang words) :) 

6 minutes ago, Jagdika said:

Don't worry, I am currently translating my article from Chinese/Japanese to English. I will start a new topic here when I'm done. It is a little hard for non-Chinese native speakers to understand that by only using the translator. (because it contains slang words) :) 

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to translate stuff for us. TY!

6 hours ago, Laviduce said:

He made a mistake by believing what was posted without veryifying it. The numbers that were used do not seem to that far removed from the actual value,s making it even more confusing.  This has happened to me too before when i believed this chart to be of CIA origin:

CIA_Abrams_protection_assessment_7.jpg.c

That a lot these values correspond to other estimates and declassified values made it even more convincing.

He knew what he was doing, and did it multiple times. Did you not read Jagdika's topic?

6 hours ago, Belesarius said:

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to translate stuff for us. TY!

13 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Registering and logging in worked for me. Also Google Translate doesn't work on pictures. :P

I have finished my translation and started a new topic, you can see it now:

@

Laviduce  Amaizing job! Respect!

And now question - polish Leopard 2A4 armour weight is forr turret only 8900kg - gun mantled maks (630kg) = 8270kg no idea including frontplate and backplate or not. 

Are You able to assume ho thick (in mm) shoud be hipotetycial RHA armour at weight 8270kg and volume as You notice for turret?

Exept gun mantled mask couse it weight  exatly: 630kg  and volumen is (as You notice)  0,19m3

How thick will be hypotetical RHA plate whit weight 630kg and able to put in gun mantled mask whit volumen 0,19m3???

11 hours ago, Militarysta said:

@

And now question - polish Leopard 2A4 armour weight is forr turret only 8900kg - gun mantled maks (630kg) = 8270kg no idea including frontplate and backplate or not. 

Are You able to assume ho thick (in mm) shoud be hipotetycial RHA armour at weight 8270kg and volume as You notice for turret?

Exept gun mantled mask couse it weight  exatly: 630kg  and volumen is (as You notice)  0,19m3

How thick will be hypotetical RHA plate whit weight 630kg and able to put in gun mantled mask whit volumen 0,19m3???

I will look into this! I will also update my Type 90 volume model.

23 hours ago, Militarysta said:

@

630 kg of steel is only 0.08 m^3, so treating the mantlet as a prism with constant cross-sectional area and 420 mm thickness you get about 180 mm of steel

47 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

630 kg of steel is only 0.08 m^3, so treating the mantlet as a prism with constant cross-sectional area and 420 mm thickness you get about 180 mm of steel

Thanks!   The frontal cross section area of the mantlet is about 0,4 m2 .   I set the density of steel to around 8000 kg/m3. Knowing this, the steel block LOS thickness comes to about 197 mm of steel.

18 minutes ago, Wiedzmin said:

TybL0ixBZbc.jpg

translated by user North_Eleanor

turret special armor weight - 1381kg (690kg on each module)

hull special armor weight - 1249kg

Thank you very much for this information. The turret modules seem to be asymmetrical, making one potentially heavier than the other. Anyway, from where did you get this ?

28 minutes ago, Laviduce said:

Thank you very much for this information. The turret modules seem to be asymmetrical, making one potentially heavier than the other. Anyway, from where did you get this ?

google "90式戦車" and found this

https://www.zhihu.com/question/59141011

scroll down or try to find this "PS:10式" in text 

about "armor modeling", main idea is simple if you get very complex and not optimized( have irregular thickness on welded constructions)shape of armor module then you might be wrong

DOud_Cyw-NQ.jpg

and btw there is some scheme claimed that hull front - fuel cell, don't know is it BS from modelers, or really Type 90 have this

30 minutes ago, Laviduce said:

I think all the PDF u can download in there: http://www.zhuangjiacheliang.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=679&extra=page%3D1

2 hours ago, Wiedzmin said:

about "armor modeling", main idea is simple if you get very complex and not optimized( have irregular thickness on welded constructions)shape of armor module then you might be wrong

DOud_Cyw-NQ.jpg

and btw there is some scheme claimed that hull front - fuel cell, don't know is it BS from modelers, or really Type 90 have this

This is very confusing. I used this diagram and other digrams to generate the front hull module volume. Here it is being described as a (fuel) tank ?  This is rather confusing

7 hours ago, Wiedzmin said:

DOud_Cyw-NQ.jpg

This illustration probably came from Japanese magazine Maru special: Tanks of JGSDF(丸 別冊 陸上自衛隊の戦車), which seems to be convincing. 

2 hours ago, Monochromelody said:

This illustration probably came from Japanese magazine Maru special: Tanks of JGSDF(丸 別冊 陸上自衛隊の戦車), which seems to be convincing. 

Thank you ! But is block A a fuel tank or a special armor block. I treated it as a special armor block(s).

15 minutes ago, Laviduce said:

Thank you ! But is block A a fuel tank or a special armor block. I treated it as a special armor block(s).

There is no way this isn't a fuel tank. Considering its odd shape.

Also, fuel tanks are usually placed in the front because they're a great extra layer of protection.