Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

What is the rationale for putting the trigger at the front there?

It actually would have two (one front, one back), and IIRC that's how they were planning to do fire selection.

I have also heard that it was a safety system; it wouldn't go bang unless both triggers were squeezed.

FX-05: there used to be good pictures of it disassembled on HKPro, but they have been disappeared.  From my notes, the charging handle attaches to the carrier like a SCAR.  The bolt carrier has a strange "three lobe" construction and appears to be welded together.  The return spring is wrapped around an extension of the bolt carrier like a SIG-550.  The bolt looks like an AR-18, except that the cam pin axis is vertical like an AR-15.  Magazine well is attached to the upper receiver like an HK-33.  Magazines appear to be identical to G-36.

Claimed to be Dallas shooter weapon

1573884_900.jpg

Saiga? That guy prepared for that shooting/attack.

Mods looks to be DTK-1 muzzle brake by Zenit, B-13P Klassika, also by Zenit; and Magpul stock for some reason named Zhukov. Both Zenit products are not easy to find in US, as i understand, and they both are not cheap.

This video has always left me with a few questions. Like, why is the projo pitching nose-down so badly and why is the penetration so shit when 76mm can go straight through both a 50mm plate and a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07GuOeVQjE&index=4&list=PL2bcsYp3duwPujBWiFAsV5Gqq1bQuevNB

Could be poorly stabilized, or we're seeing fleet yaw.