Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

INSAS, L85 and apparently now the CETME L are all pretty horrible.

The best source of information on INSAS so far is this thread.

We can probably add the Tavor and G36 to that list as underlings to the royal throne of shitty rifles at least.

Now if only someone would adopt the ACR....

How did we ever let an accursed wronghander into the White House!?

R O N A  L D       W I L S O N          R E A G A N

1+1+1+1+1+1= 6   1+1+1+1+1+1= 6   1+1+1+1+1+1=6

ronald_reagan.jpg

The truth is OUT THERE PEOPLE!!!

http://www.666truth.org/history/antichrist-myths/articletype/articleview/articleid/901/pageid/914

Former Ruger Quality Assurance Manager for the Mini (and others) Ed Harris talks about the rifle's accuracy issues:

The long run average group size for standard Mini-14 rifles fired from a test stand is about 4-5″ for ten-shot groups with M193 or M855 ammunition of “average” quality, producing an acceptance Mean Radius of 1.6-1.6″ at 200 yds from a test barrel. The M16A1 or A2 do this at 200 yards from a machine rest. I believe the biggest factor in Mini-14 accuracy is irregular contact between the gas block and the face of the slideblock, welded to the slide handle (aka operating rod).

If you disassemble the rifle and inspect the face of the slide block and the rear of the gas block assembly, you may find that the face of the slide block strikes one side or the other of the gas block, rather than making a uniform and symmetrical imprint. This asymmetrical contact causes fliers. The fit-up can sometimes be improved by grinding 0.005-.010″ off the face of the slide, so that with the slide fully forward, a .001″ shim can be inserted between the slide block and gas block and be clear all the way around. This way the forward motion of the slide is stopped by the right locking lug in the cam pocket of the slide handle, rather than by the slide block slamming against the gas block, as is the case with the M1 Garand rifle.

Light Rifle V is finally underway. I have no idea when it will be done, but it's at least begun.

I hope it has references to the 1980s TV series V. 

Or at least sexy, hot lizard people.

And per 1:20, apparently the V stands for knocking out alien troopers by ramming the V of your crotch into their face...