Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I'm looking at Brownell's and this is what they have listed. $579

http://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/lever-action/1895-22in-45-70-government-blue-4-1rd-prod90972.aspx?avs%7cMake_3=Marlin

Now that isn't the "Guide Gun" variant which has any number of cool kid features including the neat-o gray stock, stainless steel and ugly as sin rail which can go from $629 at Cabela's on up to $979.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Marlin-Model-Big-Bore-Lever-Action-Rifles/706393.uts

Again. That's Cabela's prices where you are paying to look at dead animals, water features and Mech's Christmas drug-alcohol-prostitute fueled parties with the Cabela's corporate board. And they all come with iron sights...

Now this is assuming that Remington has ironed out all the QA issues with the Marlin. 

In other words, street price is still $100-$200 higher than the Ruger.

In other words, street price is still $100-$200 higher than the Ruger.

OK. And?

While low price is a good thing, that's a point for you, it isn't the end of the conversation. Paying that much more for the weapon that you want and is best for you isn't an insurmountable obstacle. Heck, there are guys who will spend hundreds more for a Sig over a Glock or a grand or two for a 1911 Clone.

Again, that's assuming the QA on both weapons are up to spec. 

Also one of the guys in the comments section claims that the .450 Bushmaster cartridge is geared for Michigan hunters due to restrictions in firearms usage in the lower part of that state which now allow for centerfire rifles provided they are of a straight walled design.

If this is factual, I take back what I said about the .450 Bushmaster since obviously that is a niche that it can fill.

Time for Walter to get himself a new shooting iron! 

OK. And?

While low price is a good thing, that's a point for you, it isn't the end of the conversation. Paying that much more for the weapon that you want and is best for you isn't an insurmountable obstacle. Heck, there are guys who will spend hundreds more for a Sig over a Glock or a grand or two for a 1911 Clone.

Again, that's assuming the QA on both weapons are up to spec.

Yeah, you're deliberately ignoring my point, don't play dumb.

Again. That's Cabela's prices where you are paying to look at dead animals, water features and Mech's Christmas drug-alcohol-prostitute fueled parties with the Cabela's corporate board. And they all come with iron sights...

Hey now, Jim Cabela has no children or heirs and his wife is kind of a bitch, let the old man get his freak on ok?

Also one of the guys in the comments section claims that the .450 Bushmaster cartridge is geared for Michigan hunters due to restrictions in firearms usage in the lower part of that state which now allow for centerfire rifles provided they are of a straight walled design.

If this is factual, I take back what I said about the .450 Bushmaster since obviously that is a niche that it can fill.

Time for Walter to get himself a new shooting iron! 

Michigan is dumb. If they wanted to limit penetration (which I assume the hunting regulation is there for), might as well give people .223 rifles. 

15780734_216494255425076_696130167874237

Actual reasons to buy an M1911A1 over a Glock.

-They have a better trigger and arguably grip angle for some people.

-.....?

Also, lol at "every handgun since copies it", has he seen exactly how many companies have copied the concept of a striker fired, polymer lower framed pistol with no manual safety since the Glock came out?

Actual reasons to buy an M1911A1 over a Glock.

-They have a better trigger and arguably grip angle for some people.

-.....?

Also, lol at "every handgun since copies it", has he seen exactly how many companies have copied the concept of a striker fired, polymer lower framed pistol with no manual safety since the Glock came out?

1911 copies? 

Not ever heard of the ridiculous number of CZ75 copies, I guess. 

The trigger on a 1911 can be very nice, but then again so can most SAO pistols. I've tossed around the idea of turning my CZ75 SAO. I already worked over the sear engagement and swapped to a competition hammer. Getting rid of the DA/SA slop that occurs right before the clean, light break would be nice. 

Hey guys, 

ALL OTHER LEVER ROUNDS ARE POINTLESS

http://www.hornady.com/store/25-35-Win-110-gr-FTX-Leverevolution/

8277-25-35-Winchester-110gr-FTX.png

All other Lever Loads are Pointless!

LEVERevolution® represents a breakthrough in ammo design for lever action rifles and revolvers. The key to its innovation and performance is the patented elastomer Flex Tip® technology of the FTX® and MonoFlex® bullets. Safe to use in tubular magazines, these bullets feature higher ballistic coefficients and deliver dramatically flatter trajectory for increased down range performance.

• Up to 250 feet per second faster muzzle velocity than conventional lever gun loads.
  • Exceptional accuracy and overwhelming downrange terminal performance.
  • Patented FTX and MonoFlex bullets featuring Flex Tip Technology.
  • Up to 40% more energy than traditional flat point loads.

The innovative LEVERevolution bullet design may require a newer magazine follower to provide best possible functioning of the last round out of the magazine. These magazine followers may be purchased from the manufacturer of your firearm. For optimum performance we do not recommend storing LEVERevolution ammunition in tubular magazines for extended periods, as this can result in tip deformation.

Details

Item Number 8277

Ballistic Coefficient (G1) .340

Sectional Density .238

Test Barrel Length (inches) 24

Quantity 20/Box   Price: $41.67

1911 copies? 

Not ever heard of the ridiculous number of CZ75 copies, I guess. 

The trigger on a 1911 can be very nice, but then again so can most SAO pistols. I've tossed around the idea of turning my CZ75 SAO. I already worked over the sear engagement and swapped to a competition hammer. Getting rid of the DA/SA slop that occurs right before the clean, light break would be nice. 

I got an SP-01 Shadow a while ago, one of the best handguns I've ever gotten straight out of the box.

I don't even really shoot competitively, but pretty sure that I could do really well if I tried even if I didn't have to modify it at all. (Well, maybe with some extended magazines within the 170mm limit, that would help.)

?

I was never a soldier and never went through the VA, nor do I like Trump at all.

If anything, you're triggering Meplat.