Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

3 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

I want this pistol so damned much. 

There's like, literally 2 licensed gun shops that have an import partnership to the US so far because they're rare as fuck.

....And they're sold out every time I call both of them

51 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

How does a bolt action muzzle loader work? The bolt is for the charge and you ram the projectile?

How it works is the bolt acts as a hammer. Traditionally you had an open hammer that would fall on a percussion cap (or holding a flint that strikes a frisson which creates a spark that touches off the priming powder). In the bolt action muzzleloader, the priming cap and nipple is located inline with the barrel (as opposed to perpendicular) which creates a more even detonation of the powder charge in the barrel. The bolt also protects the percussion cap from the elements by almost entirely encasing it. In my state, you must still have the percussion cap "in the elements" to be able to legally hunt with a black powder muzzleloader so the variants here must fire from an open bolt.

Anonymous on 4chan.

There was another source earlier that said one rifle in particular was beating all the others handily in a couple of categories from the start of testing like with the ICC and it spooked the bigger companies to pull their political clout to try and get it cancelled.

But since the program wasn't cancelled yet, people were skeptical. Welp.

Anon has yet to deliver the 'source'.

19 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

Anonymous on 4chan.

Anon has yet to deliver the 'source'.

Anon is full of shit. Testing never even began, the program only lasted a month.

I have a very good idea what happened, although I can't say.

Companies love doing this kind of shit: "oh you know, mr. super special journalist/blogger/forum poster, they only killed the program because *some company's* product was just sooooo much better, it gave them the willies! I can't tell you whose, but of course you can guess..." It's utter bollocks, of course, just like it was with IC.