Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Hahaha hk's balls deep up in the bundestag which is crying softly and nursing it's black eye already...

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of bitches that Winston Churchill was right all along about how they need to be handled...

For those unaware, Winston felt and i agree that every 50 years the US the commonwealth and the rest of western Europe need to just mercilessly destroy Germany ....Even if they appear to be behaving at the time we should just do it anyway as a Prophylactic measure because, let's face it people, even when they're being all holier more progressive than thou like now they're still assholes they just headquartered the EU somewhere else it's just lebensbraum with a thin veneer of thoroughly cowed EU officials who technically aren't Germans and sometimes.... They even rewrite the policies the Germans give them to ratify in their own words!.... Talk about mofuckin progress bitches

19 hours ago, Willy Brandt said:

@Sturgeon

On another note it seems that HK has won the KSK (German SF) Rifle contract.
Nothing official only complains that the rifle is already too expensive.
I read the posts some weeks ago but didnt thought  that the winner wasnt announced already.

Now the question is who were the other competitors.
Reputable German Defence Blog mostly about policy not equipment. (He also quotes the biggest and in my honest opinion best German weekly News Magazin.)

More general interest tactical equipment Blog. (They also quotes a defence Newsletter that costs 200 Euros per year.)

If Google Translator isnt enough i can translate if someone wants it in english.

TFB only covered the inital RFI/Release of the requirements. I cant find anything else to KSK or 416.

It was the 416 that won? No wonder they are complaining.

26 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

It was the 416 that won? No wonder they are complaining.

But NewMan told me that the HK416 is the bestest rifle ever!, nevermind he also said the AR-15 is just am obsolete bad platform, sticking an SSP on it and stamping H&K on the side magically makes it the pinnacle of innovation and superb engineering!

7 minutes ago, Willy Brandt said:

They are complaining about the Price. Not performance because i think they dont even have delivered any 416s to the Bundeswehr or the KSK.

Only GSG9 apparently has some because the 416 already had the denomination G38.
I am not sure about this  news

I tend to make fun of dumb posters in the TFB comments alot, It's kind of just my thing.

The NewMan joke is that he's a massive H&K fanboy who never makes any actual sense at all and cries all the time the second it's implied an H&K gun isn't absolutely perfect and the best thing ever or "insert non H&K design here, mainly non H&K made AR-15s) could possibly be as good or even good at all.

6 minutes ago, Willy Brandt said:

Yeah i try to stand away from comment sections on public sites.

Or those "muh i can build you a gun for 700 Dollars just give me the contract hur dur"

Or "why dont you take the gun from civilian manufacturer #42 it really runs great for me!"

If the TFB comments section had their way with arms procurement, we'd be back to civil war era levels of effectiveness, if not worse.

Question: How bad was the A2 BAR's bipod?

Answer:

21b9c6acbbe0c5a3a48cd89807e3799d.jpg

barSC351384.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

aebfc6c3cbc81cb7cc4fae878f84749f.jpg

okinawa.jpg

Marine_BAR_shooting_NA01862.jpg

9ac6a36e634397f8ee193aa1c09d037b.jpg

f6d475a9c4aaa093552b42ae92f37faa.jpg

lYJA4PO.jpg

Marine-patrol-okinawa-1945.jpg

M1918A2_BAR_Korea.JPEG

Interesting to note that some GIs would re-attach the flash hider after removing the bipod, and some wouldn't. It is also worth noting that although the A2 BAR "system" has a nominal weight of over 19 pounds, once the bipod and flash hider are removed it weighed less than 17 pounds, making it actually very usable as an "assault rifle". Still extremely heavy, but that sort of capability from a design dating all the way back to 1917 is pretty damned impressive.