Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

5 hours ago, Toxn said:

Huh, I didn't know anyone apart from airsofters actually bought these

170221SANDF-Mendi-Cel-Thomas-Holder20.jp

A Military Police officer, armed with a RONI carbine conversion for the Vektor Z88 (Beretta 92), stands guard during the parade. Thomas Holder/ADR

Lazarev about PL-15 (some footage) and interview with Lebedev.

Ergonomics is good, soft recoil, PL-15 trigger is much lighter than PL-14 (PL-14 had heavier trigger for safety reason, as i understand it was made for Army in mind). In interview Lebedev was speaking about changing\swapping striker to hammer in same pistol (???). 16, 18 round mags are already made, "assault" 30 round mag being developed (already tested). Pistol can survive 15000+ rounds with being capable to do more ("More" was not tested), PL-15K and PL-15 mags are not interchangable. 

Others guns from Army 2017 (RPK-16, SVCh footage):

Lazarev about AEK-971:

On 9/29/2017 at 6:50 AM, LoooSeR said:

Lazarev about PL-15 (some footage) and interview with Lebedev.

Ergonomic is good, soft recoil, PL-15 trigger is much lighter than PL-14 (PL-14 had heavier trigger for safety reason, as i understand it was made for Army in mind). In interview Lebeded was speaking about chaning striker to hammer in same pistol (???). 16, 18 round mags are already made, with "assault" 30 round mag being developed (already tested). Pistol can survive 15000+ rounds with being capable to do more ("More" was not tested), PL-15K and PL-15 mags are not interchangable. 

Others guns from Army 2017 (RPK-16, SVCh footage):

Lazarev about AEK-971:

I asked Max Popenker about that, and he said that, and here is what he had to say:

actually current PL-15 and PL-15K has 2 trigger options - DAO with internal hammer and SA with striker.

So... yeah.  The pistol will be available in striker fired and hammer fired versions, I guess.  I think that's a first.

Could you pretty please do a summary of the AEK-971 video?