Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

8 hours ago, Donward said:

So I guess YouTube has banned James Yeager's channel.

*Shrug*

I guess we'll have to endure the unendurable of #UnbanJamesYeager content on every gun channel now for the next few days.

Grap some xanax and popcorn and go read the comments on this thread. :P

6 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

It amuses me that there are people who think both that it's retarded and that it's The Only Way to Carry.

Well... It's neither.

It's like people completely forget that not everyone else is the same shape as them whenever concealed carry positions come up online...

Just as an example, it's pretty safe to say that what works for Nathaniel will probably work pretty poorly for me.

Why? Because he and I have just slightly different proportions and therefore there's different places a hunk of polymer and steel in a funky shape is going to mesh well with our uniquely individual funky human shapes...

That said, I like my balls and etc they've served me pretty well over the years. So I tend not to carry like that, even though for me I'd just be much more likely to shatter my own thigh bone and bleed out disturbingly quickly from my femoral artery getting shredded than actually shooting myself in the junk on a failed draw or etc from appendix carry.

LOL

23 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

If you do it wrong, yep. Blowing bits off yourself is kind of a risk when using a handgun.

Dealt with making a test fixture for a lawsuit, where the guy did just that.

Putting a Glock back in a crotch holster, blew one of his nuts off.

My first comment was "Dude had his boogerpicker on the bang-switch".. Yep, could not duplicate his supposed "failure of the gun" unless you tried to holster with said nasal probe where it did not belong. 

You won't convince anyone of your undiscovered genius if you don't have something that people can gawk at, though. Having said that, CAD programs and reloading dies are for suckers, so break out that pirated copy of Photoshop! Find a picture of 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel at a really flat angle and use your l33t photoshop skillz to make your cartridge come alive!  Holy crap, it's like I'm carrying 500 rounds of it already! Just remember, nobody gives a shit how much work you did, so don't worry about trying to find out what kind of velocity your cartridge would actually produce, it'll be fine!

4BxKQ9A.png

It's like I'm some kind of prophet.

Might as well drive this home, too:

1 minute ago, Sturgeon said:

I, uh, had a discussion with Nick about this little contortion. I see he is sticking to it.

So, unpacking this, he's saying that aside from any conflict of smaller magnitude than the biggest conflict since WWII (since apparently the Persian Gulf War does not count...), the 5.56mm NATO wasn't used in combat until the biggest conflict since WWII.

It's also very important that we conveniently exclude M193, and thereby all of Vietnam (the only conflict between WWII and the GWOT that could be argued to be of comparable magnitude), despite the fact that if we're to infer there's trouble in paradise, then that suggests the 5.56mm caliber isn't the problem, it's just that SS109 itself sucks.

Do I have that straight? Seems a bit tautological to me.

On a slightly different note, H.R. 38, the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act was passed in the House by a 231-198 margin.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q={"search"%3A["concealed+carry+reciprocity+act"]}

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll663.xml

Now to see if the geezers in the Senate are able to do their part. 

2 minutes ago, Donward said:

On a slightly different note, H.R. 38, the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act was passed in the House by a 231-198 margin.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q={"search"%3A["concealed+carry+reciprocity+act"]}

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll663.xml

Now to see if the geezers in the Senate are able to do their part. 

HPA next!