Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

When i said that our MoD adopted everything, i meant fucking everything.

The Kalashnikov Concern has signed a contract with the defense ministry for serial deliveries of the new RPK-16 automatic machine gun, the company's CEO Alexei Krivoruchko told journalists.

Previously, machine guns successfully passed the pre-serial production military test/field operation.

8 minutes ago, roguetechie said:

Shit applesauce' pic is making me think it very well could be a valmet or Norinco hunter based gun....

I could be wrong since there's so many AK type guns out there, but I believe the Valmet and Norinco sporters would have a slant back receiver instead of the usual flat one like the .308 galil.  Mags also seem to match up.

2 hours ago, Khand-e said:

"Automatic machine gun"

....was there ever a non automatic machine gun I'm not aware of?

The pre Maxim  hand operated ones, like the Gardner , Gatling , Nordenfelt, etc.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/02/07/army-not-interested-marine-m27-will-pursue-next-gen-auto-rifle.html

Now the service has a two-phased approach, which starts with acquiring a standardized 7.62mm Squad Designated Marksmanship Rifle, Murray said.

"That gives us the ability to penetrate the most advanced body armor in the world," he said. "We are accelerating the Squad Designated Marksman Rifle to 2018; we will start fielding that in 2018."

The Army had hoped to start fielding the advanced 7.62mm armor-piercing round in 2018 as well, but that effort will take another year to complete, Murray said.

The SDMR "will still penetrate that body armor, but you can't get that extended range that is possible with the next generation round," Murray said.

Phase two of the effort will be the development of the Next Generation Squad Weapon.

"The first iteration will probably be an automatic rifle to replace the M249 squad automatic weapon, which is also a 5.56mm," Murray said.

The Army has decided, however, that it isn't interested in following the Marine Corps' adoption of the M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle.

"We have been pushed on the M27, which the Marine Corps has adopted, that is also a 5.56mm which doesn't penetrate, so we are going to go down a path next generation squad weapon automatic rifle first to be closely followed, I'm hopeful, with either a rifle or a carbine that will fire something other than a 5.56mm.

"That is what we see as a replacement for the M4 in the future."

Murray added that "It probably won't be a 7.62mm; it will probably be something in between -- case-telescoping round, probably polymer cased to reduce the weight of it.

5 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

So help me god I just watched the whole thing and took 2,000 words worth of posts.

Works for me. Lags a bit, but no worse than Youtube on a bit of WW2 surplus commo wire.

Also, LTG  Anderson needs to cull the fruit salad lest he need the services of a chiropractor.

10 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

When you want Kriss Vector, but have only a Glock

tumblr_p3umljADZi1r9khx4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3umljADZi1r9khx4o4_1280.jpg

The Glock Block....

Holy Jesus!

I have to say I'm disappointed though, there's no standoff device/integrated brake. If you're going to take it that far anyway there's really no reason NOT to include a standoff device/brake combo.

... Don't get cockblocked buy Glock Block!