Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

On 3/2/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sturgeon said:

That's exactly what they are doing. What kicked this off was the CT Carbine with an experimental ARDEC smart optic bolted to it. That optic is nowhere near ready for prime time, but you can't stop stupid.

This?

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2016/armament/18371_Bachrach.pdf

Fresh img of OTs-129. Interesting semi-auto marksman/sniper rifle by TsKIB SOO(of KBP), 1st presented last May at Law Enforcement Advanced Tech Day. Seems Western/reminds of SR-25: upper&lower receiver; appears direct impingement(!?); apparently extensive use of alum; 10-rd 7.62x51 mag

DbyHGhrXkAAUf0D.jpg

This is most probably a short-stroke piston system. Here is the left side render of OTs-129 minus the sound suppressor, possibly with a longer barrel

DbybIk1W4AIrFY7.jpg

This seems to be an experimental short barrel variant of ZiD's ASVK-M (6V7M). Could be chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum (?) cartridge - which is quite popular with #Russia|n snipers & marksman. Also note what appears to be a Steyr SSG 08 / Elite 08 bipod. 
Img 2018 ©Mikhail Degtyarev

DbyMO9uWsAAdcBx.jpg

https://vk.com/kalashism

Kalashism got his hands on some old HK products.

Comprehendind the Teutonic technologies of the 60's, my head is spinning. A continuous vintage with a bias into steampunk. Soon, there will be a lot of reviews of the rare G3 series. As the saying goes: stay with us.

25.04:

The next week will be extremely joyful and exciting for fans of the G3 / MP5 series and just rare guns, for I have gained access to a huge number of them.
There are both original rifles and SMGs, as well as their copies from Turkey and Pakistan (and maybe even more).
The most interesting are the Pakistani, because there made many different modifications, created at the POF plant.
To begin with, I tease you with three extremely interesting rifles

v1Q8iRXHFfs.jpg

some other photos:

Spoiler

dD_K_53tuCw.jpg

aHtufD695vs.jpg

20 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

What is this thing? 

4ohdE.jpg

In my opinion this is a muzzle brake with the functions of a sound moderator.

He hides the flash from the shot, reduces the kickback and withdrawal of the barrel during shooting, and also slightly reduces the sound of the shot.

3 hours ago, Hisname said:

In my opinion this is a muzzle brake with the functions of a sound moderator.

He hides the flash from the shot, reduces the kickback and withdrawal of the barrel during shooting, and also slightly reduces the sound of the shot.

Question was about gun itself, but it was answered elsewhere.