Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

5 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Umm.. WTF is this?

1)

Chimera Gun: This gun was home built from scavenged parts by one of the Iraqi SWAT team members I trained. It consists of an AK-47 receiver, a Browning Hi-Power pistol grip, PKM barrel, BB gun scope, and a custom made butt stock, magazine, and M16 style charging handle! I watched him shoot it on a number of occasions so I know it worked, but I always stood at a safe distance just in case.

https://thenewsrep.com/77164/us-army-special-forces-weapons-report-card/

2)

They say necessity is the mother of all invention and the extreme poverty often found in Iraq certainly creates a need. Readers of this website are surely familiar with the inventiveness of their adversary, many of you have seen the improvised remote detonators and home brewed microchips that have been jerry-rigged to a set of batteries to trigger an IED.

empty.gif

Thankfully, some of these masters of improvisation work for the good guys. I worked with an Iraqi SWAT team member named Shahab who had a habit of creating bizarre chimera type weapons in his home workshop. Despite Shahab being a great soldier and a strong leader, I always made sure to stand off at a safe distance when he fired this thing out on our range.

Look carefully and you can see that he cannibalized parts of various weapons and fabricated a few of his own. He took a AK-47 receiver, a Browning Hi-Power pistol grip, and a PKM barrel, cobbling them together with what I think was a bb-gun scope. He cut the stock himself and created a M16 style charging handle that actually worked!

As a 18B, this Franken gun made me a little nervous but I never saw him have a malfunction with it much less the kind of catastrophic failure you might expect from the picture.

A co-worker rotated back into Iraq the next year to work with Shahab again, who had by now built himself a home made 40mm grenade launcher. He kept bugging my friend for a M203 grenade to “test fire” but needless to say he had to decline...

https://www.military.com/kitup/2011/08/frankengun-gooood.html

19 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Very short suppressor.

Маскиратор пламе-искрогаситель МПИ-Витязь

This is a device for disguising the position of the shooter when firing. Because it lowers the volume of the shoot.

Also, this device reduces the emission of sparks and fire when shooting.

Holes in the front part scatter gunpowder gases, and also make it difficult to determine the position of the shooter.

Another feature is the ability to use the gun scopes of the night vision, shooting does not give light on the image.

I do not know how to accurately translate the name into English, but it will be something like this: "Masker flame-spark arrester MPI-Vityaz"

This product does not have a special or military purpose and therefore it is sold freely, without a license.

Approximate price120-150$

Produce these devices in the city of Tula, the company  "Delta-Tech".

mpi-vityaz.gifIMG_6258.JPG.37a804eb18f0faab6e9b97cd258%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%22954345.jpg

14 hours ago, Hisname said:

Маскиратор пламе-искрогаситель МПИ-Витязь

This is a device for disguising the position of the shooter when firing. Because it lowers the volume of the shoot.

Also, this device reduces the emission of sparks and fire when shooting.

Holes in the front part scatter gunpowder gases, and also make it difficult to determine the position of the shooter.

Another feature is the ability to use the gun scopes of the night vision, shooting does not give light on the image.

I do not know how to accurately translate the name into English, but it will be something like this: "Masker flame-spark arrester MPI-Vityaz"

This product does not have a special or military purpose and therefore it is sold freely, without a license.

Approximate price120-150$

Produce these devices in the city of Tula, the company  "Delta-Tech".

mpi-vityaz.gifIMG_6258.JPG.37a804eb18f0faab6e9b97cd258%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%

Spoiler

22954345.jpg

Can be called "Flash hider - suppressor MPI-Vityaz".

Everything old is new again.

https://www.janes.com/article/82447/argentine-army-receives-first-modernised-fal-rifles

" The Argentine Army has received the first batch of 292 7.62 mm FAL rifles modernised by Fábrica Militar Fray Luis Beltrán. The factory is part of the Dirección General de Fabricaciones Militares: the organisation under the Argentine Defence Ministry that produces weapons and ammunition for the Argentine armed forces. "

8694930_01_mosin_sniper_sale_or_trade_64

Oh no.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/8694930/colorado-springs-colorado-rifles-for-sale--mosin-sniper

Mosin 91/30 action with muzzle brake.

7.62 x 54R

Archangel adjustable stock.

1 10 round mag.

DIY camo finish done by previous owner.

Mildot/ BDC scope (not sure of brand)

UTG mount.

Folding bipod. Not sure of brand.

Custom teardrop bolt.

Definitely used. Finish has wear but in shootable condition. This has sat in my safe since purchased- have not fired.

Bolt handle is mounted by a hex screw and needs to be tightered or replaced.

No ammo or case.

Must transfer at FFL- per Colorado law.Buyer pays their fees

Thanks for reading.