Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Looser, do you have any more information about that Dragunov PDW design?  I had heard it was recoil-operated.

http://weaponland.ru/load/malogabaritnyj_avtomat_dragunova_ma/21-1-0-661

It is gas-operated. Interesting thing about design is that bolt carrier and bolt are moving on a rail, attached to top 'dust cover'.

MA-3.jpg

MA-7.jpg

Another perspective on US gun culture from an outsider. As a bonus, the inevitable clip/magazine trash talk session can now be included in this thread.

Speaking of outsider perspectives, I see TFB just ran a short piece on a dubious self-defence case here in South Africa. Some thoughts:

- Man but some people do not understand the concept of 'self defence' vs. 'murder'

- South African expats making conspiracy theories about South Africa seems to be becoming something of a cottage industry alongside importing wors, biltong, marmite and mrs. Balls to terra incognita.

- Give Morgan Collins a column or something.

I took a lot of flak for those articles (the SA one, the one on French police, and the one on a teacher charged with gun theft). People decried them as the inevitable fall of TFB from grace, yadda ya.

Chill brahs, I got this.

Anyway, the thing lots of people don't understand is that the shooting sports - quite contrary to gangster activities - require patience, calm, and unbreakable focus even when things are literally exploding next to you. The further away novices take it away from that paradigm, the shadier it gets. Advanced shooters can have all the fun they want blowing up tannerite or shooting Miniguns or whatever, but that's not appropriate for novice shooters. You have to learn the essence of the shooting sports first.

Doublepost for great justice.

I respect that gentleman's outside view, but frankly, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. The NRA is not a tremendously evil organization, it's a middling-level nonprofit. It suffers a lot of the same corruption nonprofits do. You have been lied to, rest of the world, by people like Bloomberg who frankly are much, much more corrupt than the NRA could ever hope to be.

But changing your mind is hard; nobody knows that as well as I do, so I don't really expect to change anyone's minds with a simple statement like that.

Awesome picture. Although you know what the biggest force multiplier is in that picture? It ain't the rifles.

Is it the communist evil magic that turns the entire battlefield a grainy black, white and grey to ruin superior teutonic supermen's eagle vision?

You just need to take care not to bend the antenna when doing so, but it's perfectly viable.

Or you know ring people to deploy indiscriminate metal chunk stabbing dispensers.

"I think radios should have those rails so you an fit on do-dads like bayonets, maybe call it the tactical radio" - Heckler & Koch