Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Speaking of egregious errors in advertising, has anyone noticed the bar charts the new Polycase print ad?  The last time I checked, a taller bar was supposed to indicate a greater value than the shorter bar.  The folks who assembled the ad seem to think that this doesn't really matter. Lower kinetic energy value for a Polycase cartridge versus a conventional type?...Let's give it a taller bar anyway.

According to Bill Alexander, the bolt lug design is excellent.  The idea that the lobster-tail extractor balances at the pivot and therefore doesn't slip is total bunk, but the design does seem to be an improvement in terms of keeping the maximum compression of the springs away from their proportional limit.  This is something that not all manufacturers pay attention to.

And now I really want one of their BCGs to compare to a standard BCG.  I'm curious about how they accomplished the increase in underlug.