Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Some sort of mine clearing device that is launched from GP-25/30.

YjDG5AQ.jpg

Previous model, "Vybros-RM"

L1sJvoW.jpg

It's basically a rifle/gl launched grappling hook for grabbing tripwires, CD leads or the like. There are similar devices that mount on the NATO standard 22mm flash-hider.

They're amusing to mess with but get beat up VERY quickly.

Isn't that bump a full auto backplate, missing its selector?

The ones you're thinking of are usually covered in stampings, and/ or would have a visible trip in the bore of that hole (to allow the crosspin selector to function).

I'm also looking at the way the rail section of the frame is bent downward.. That suggests it's use in one of the numerous carbine conversions to me.

If they just wanted to make it a burp-gun, there are much smaller, easier to whittle backplates that do not project out like that.

Norwegian home guards from the 1980's, and wehraboos say Scandinavia could of taken the USSR in the cold war

N8N8cqY.jpg

There are some interesting tales of keeping the '34 functioning into the late 20'th, inside Myrvang's book on the '34 and '42.