Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

On 4/30/2019 at 2:34 PM, LoooSeR said:

Venezuela. First time i see such weapon.

nNodOhk.jpg

It's likely one of a number of  5.7mm uppers for the AR that were whipped up in the U.S., the magazine serves as a spent brass catcher.

17 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

The 7.62x51mm Galils go for outrageous prices in the US.

I have seen maybe 2-3 Galatz rifles in the USA. They go for 15k or so. Your basic 7.62 gun goes for 4k-4.5kish.

Even the classic IWI factory guns in 5.56 are $3500 across the board. Kit builds are the way to go for a nice Galil nowadays, and kits are plentiful. It has never been easier to build a galil.

Edit: it was really hard to find photos of Israelis with Galils. They “M14ed” that gun very quickly. 

16 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Those Estonian tactical-Galils really make me glad we have standardized on the AR-15 here in the US...

Oh yes, big time. Its hilarious watching countries with clown-shoe rifles bolting shit on to try and modernize. The Estonians, Finnish, South Koreans, etc. all have to bend over backwards. The Spanish approach of saying “fuck this” and getting G36s was the right course of action!

40 minutes ago, Alex C. said:

Oh yes, big time. Its hilarious watching countries with clown-shoe rifles bolting shit on to try and modernize. The Estonians, Finnish, South Koreans, etc. all have to bend over backwards. The Spanish approach of saying “fuck this” and getting G36s was the right course of action!

The Finns at least were considering SCARs, until they realized they'd have to deal with FN...

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

The Finns at least were considering SCARs, until they realized they'd have to deal with FN... 

Why is this particularly difficult? They arm the USA and half of Europe already. Surely they are more than capable of dealing with the Finnish MOD.

2 minutes ago, Alex C. said:

Why is this particularly difficult? They arm the USA and half of Europe already. Surely they are more than capable of dealing with the Finnish MOD.

My understanding is FN themselves are mercurial and difficult to deal with.

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

My understanding is FN themselves are mercurial and difficult to deal with.

I've not heard that but Finland is so stocked with 7.62 shit. The RK62 and RK95tp are... fine but cmon Finland. That said I do know they bought a shit ton of Chinese type 56 rifles designated the RK 56 TP (well over 100,000 rifles).

Finnish spec Chinese AK:

nxxylsq.jpg

They also have over 100,000 East German AK rifles. I have heard they have up to 300k but sources always seem to vary.

While the active portion of the FDF is only ~33,000 they have a Reserve component of ~900,000. At least everyone gets something.