Sturgeon's House
Khand-e

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

A bit off topic, but @LoooSeR or anyone else fluent in Russian, can you help me translate this? A friend of mine gave it to me as he was clearing out his home. It is brass cased and headstamped 188 over 74:

rlC3vLV.jpg

yQXTrY6.jpg

1 hour ago, Alex C. said:

A bit off topic, but @LoooSeR or anyone else fluent in Russian, can you help me translate this? A friend of mine gave it to me as he was clearing out his home. It is brass cased and headstamped 188 over 74:

Spoiler

rlC3vLV.jpg

yQXTrY6.jpg

First photo:

"Extra"

Target cartridges

[for rifles]

2nd photo:

High accuracy

for 300 meters shooting

Bullet speed 750 m/s

Bullet weight 13 grams

43 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

First photo:

"Extra"

Target cartridges

[for rifles]

2nd photo:

High accuracy

for 300 meters shooting

Bullet speed 750 m/s

Bullet weight 13 grams

Thanks @LoooSeR !

Is this brand of ammunition still made for commercial sale? I know the Novosibirsk ammunition plant is still there.

Edit: Apparently yes, they still make the stuff http://www.lveplant.ru/pages_en.php?id=49

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Pretty sure @Ulric picked some of that up at a gun show we went to once.

Nice. I'm on the hunt for some proper 7n1 but it is very hard to find.

I am told that SVD accuacy is about 2moa with 7n1.

5 hours ago, Alex C. said:

Nice. I'm on the hunt for some proper 7n1 but it is very hard to find.

I am told that SVD accuacy is about 2moa with 7n1.

If I recall correctly, he tested the accuracy out of his "Supermosin" bench rest 7.62x54R and it printed sub MOA.

Gun Jesus shooting the Knight's LAMG(they really need a new name for this thing). 

Looks to be a better Ultimax without the shitty ergos, wonky mags and looking like it was manufactured in the Khyber Pass.