Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

22 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

The G3 and MP5 have definitely proven to have staying power.

What's your experience with the HK 33?

I have a 33 and a 53 that are both quite nice. I also have an SL6 and for some reason, a CETME-L (that works only with CETME-L specific mags).

I shot the 33 and sighted her in really nicely maybe two months back and at 300 meters it was shooting about 10 inch groups off of a rest. I know the 5.56 roller guns are seen as the boogeymen of the roller delayed family, but I haven't had any negative experiences.

The Ministry of Defense declassified documents about the first tests of the Kalashnikov assault rifle

KUBINKA (Moscow region), June 28 - RIA Novosti. The Ministry of Defense of Russia has declassified archival documents about the first tests of the Kalashnikov assault rifle.

At the Army-2019 forum, the Main Rocket and Artillery Directorate (GRAU) published a number of documents showing the results of tests of small arms samples in 1943-1945, including samples of the design of senior sergeant Kalashnikov.

As the head of the Main Directorate of the Defense Ministry of the Russian Federation, Lieutenant-General Nikolai Parshin, said, part of the documents is the correspondence of the staff of the Shchurovsky test site on the development and testing of avtoamt:

"One of the documents is the report of the Shchurovsky test site about the testing of a self-loading carbine designed by Kalashnikov and Petrov in 7.62 mm caliber."

Another document contains a report on the results of tests of a 7.62 mm caliber machine made by designer Alexey Sudayev.

According to the general, if it were not for the death of Sudayev at the age of 36, "the development of assault rifles and small arms in general would surely have followed a different path."

The main rocket and artillery department is working on declassifying previously unknown historical facts and documents related to the development and testing of small arms samples. The work is carried out in the Central Archive of the Ministry of Defense, the Russian State Military Archive, the archives of the Main Directorate of the National Defense of Russia and the 3rd Central Research Institute of the Russian Ministry of Defense.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/07/03/us-army-seeks-up-to-120000-direct-view-optics-for-m4-carbines/

https://www.fbo.gov/index.php?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=0a7866f89ec046237fc199a623233f20&tab=core&_cview=0

The US Army has issued a Prototype Project Opportunity Notice (PPON) for a Direct View Optic. This is a Mid-Tier Acquisition effort to quickly identify, test and procure a 1-6x variable power optic for use with the M4A1 Carbine.

Be nice if the stupid ban on Chicom/Sov arms went away.

Kind of missing the NHM91 I had.  Even had a few drums.

Later I had a MAADI AKM.  Passed up more than a few Russian SKS's, thinking "Ah, we're friends, there'll be more!".

There weren't.

Not that the current hobby of building Rem870's as I want them is bad, but it's slow.

Sometimes, you just want an AK around the house.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:10 AM, LoooSeR said:

That placement of holo sight

v3oR9Ed.jpg

I understand the intent, but a lot of me says "Just Issue Tracer".

It's a PKM, they're retard accurate . They can not only count to Potato, they can shoot minute of potato.

6 hours ago, Meplat said:

I understand the intent, but a lot of me says "Just Issue Tracer".

It's a PKM, they're retard accurate . They can not only count to Potato, they can shoot minute of potato.

So you're saying if I shoot my AK upside down it will be retard accurate? :ian:

50 minutes ago, Vicious_CB said:

So you're saying if I shoot my AK upside down it will be retard accurate?

:ian:

Funny thing is that by making AK upside down you can solve problem with dust cover not able to hold zero if opitcs installed on top of it, kek.