Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

15 hours ago, Laser Shark said:

The MG3 has had an almost cult like following in the Norwegian military (also true for the AG3), but as more and more soldiers get their hands on the new MGs there has been less and less noise about “Hitler’s Buzzsaw” and its godlike rate of fire. I’ve never encountered anyone with experience with both the MG3 and the MAG who doesn’t prefer the latter.

You have to work to kill a MAG.

4 hours ago, Alex C. said:

I killed mine by wearing out the topcover components. Bought a new topcover on gunbroker and it got back to humming along just fine.

Oh how I miss it.

DlNko30.jpg

Dont be angry, but I used to have some neat M240 bits.

Rail "forend", some odd topcover NODS mount (I think for a PVS-4, it was huge) a couple tank/armor barrels, a couple of T&E's.

Tried selling them at a couple SAR shows, but was offered cents on the dollar.  So I gave them to a good friend who had one of the semi-auto ones, for helping me move to Kentucky.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:44 PM, Meplat said:

Dont be angry, but I used to have some neat M240 bits.

Rail "forend", some odd topcover NODS mount (I think for a PVS-4, it was huge) a couple tank/armor barrels, a couple of T&E's.

Tried selling them at a couple SAR shows, but was offered cents on the dollar.  So I gave them to a good friend who had one of the semi-auto ones, for helping me move to Kentucky.

Oh I havent owned that gun in many years but I wouldnt say that is was one of my favorites. Good GPMG? Yes, they are but it was not that fun to shoot. IMO the M60 is a lot more fun but I have seen them choke more than I have 240s. These were all m60e1s though.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, Sturgeon said:

Those goddamn kraut top covers are the weak point in a lot of belt feds. Time to move on to a more robust design.

You are not wrong. I know belt feds are kind of the logical choice for a modern military/GPMG design but there really is something to be said for guns like the Bren L4. A good AG and you have an unstoppable beast with an RoF close to a belt gun. Not that I would rather have an L4 in the military but there is something to be said about a box magazine fed MG.

This is also just me lusting after a Bren L4.

An employee of regional special purpose unit of the Federal Security Service of Russia during a tournament among special forces units dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the formation of the Directorate “A” of the Special Purpose Center (TsSN) FSB.

Shooting center of the Kalashnikov Concern

SR-2 "Veresk"

9Ld9DLW.jpg