Sturgeon's House

Youtube general?

Vanagandr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, SergeantMatt said:

He had a very successful podcast with Dick Masterson, The Biggest Problem in the Universe, and threw it all away because Dick went home with an ex-girlfriend of his. Now Dick's new podcast is kicking the living shit out of Maddox's shitty new one.

And now, in the time honored tradition, he's throwing a shitfit about it and building a pyre of lawyers.

2002: All about freedom of speech and offending people on the internet.

2017: Being a whiny pussy suing people for offending him on the internet.

Oh how times change.

Though, honestly, with the exception of like, a few *kind of* funny articles, Maddox was never funny in the first place, he relied on being either A. a dumb, talentless edgelord or B. a Pseudo intellectual making fun of other pseudo intellectuals as his humor. I guess when someone out edges him though then suddenly the world owes him $20 million dollars.

I honestly hadn't heard a thing about him for like a decade and just thought his eventual fade in total obscurity happened, but It's good to see that he fell off a cliff into being a completely pathetic laughing stock at the end of his writing "career."

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

"Millenials complain a lot"

*edits himself into a YouTube video for no other reason that to feed his demographic, which consists entirely of two different generations that do nothing but bitch about Millenials all day*

I mean irony aside, it was pretty funny and also fuck Chevy.

Mahk's schtick seems to be bashing "real person" commercials. It's just that the Chevy millennial one is the best for a variety of reasons. The Burger King and Discover card ones are pretty solid.

But his Boston hate boner for Chevy is righteous. 

8 minutes ago, Donward said:

Mahk's schtick seems to be bashing "real person" commercials. It's just that the Chevy millennial one is the best for a variety of reasons. The Burger King and Discover card ones are pretty solid.

But his Boston hate boner for Chevy is righteous. 

Trufax, I am just being grouchy. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A neat look at the minimum functional foundry.

- Recycling car rims is a good idea, those are normally cast so are Al alloys with good casting properties (i.e. silicon-containing, low melting point)

- The lack of vent holes leads to some disturbing bubbling in the molten metal in the mold and a fair few holes in the final casting, but it's easy to see why they don't add them - without power tools, removing the sprue & runners gets a lot more difficult. Also note them spooning out the molten material in the sprue, probably for the same reason

- The finishing method is interesting. Bare Al for cooking utensils is an unusual choice, given the effect Al has on human nerve tissue, and I can't imagine the paint or filler material being much good for you either

It's crazy how far this is from the cosworth process when they're both doing essentially the same thing (freezing molten aluminium in a desirable shape)

• 2 weeks later...