Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

24 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

He is saying (correctly) that Paula White is a heretic and charlatan who preaches a false gospel.

About that NRA guy, iunno

Not a huge fan of Wayne tbh, but I still don't get the hysteria over that picture. Everyone's smiling and happy - but everyone in that room is also very good at faking, so whatever.

It's the Year 2017 where the Left freaks the hell out because Trump pretended to look at the sun during an eclipse.

What am I supposed to be offended about this time other than the chick having been caught with a humorous, out-of-context expression while looking at Trump's right hand?

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Keep in mind that I'm a Brit.....What I see is 'The President', with 'God' at his right hand and 'Guns' at his left.  ;)

Just needs a pill-pusher in the background.....Maybe the chick in red?  She looks dodgy to me!  :D

Shocking to an entire island of disarmed atheists, I imagine. Best not ask me about my gun collection!

11 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

@Sgt.Squarehead, please forgive us for poking fun! Hopefully we've not taken it too far.

Far from it fella.....I thought a bit of banter was what we were here for?  :)

This delusion that you Americans have that we British have been 'disarmed' is very, very funny to me (it's borderline f*****g hilarious TBH), while I don't personally own any firearms at present (family circumstances do not allow) almost all of my close friends do.  I do however know a lot of local landowners very well and I own & train hunting dogs (Lurchers), so if I wanted a firearm I could have one , despite having been a 'naughty boy' in my youth.

PS - I'll ask a mate if I can post some of his collection.....I suspect you will be quite surprised (and possibly even impressed) at 'George', his sniper hunting rifle.  ;)

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Far from it fella.....I thought a bit of banter was kind of what we were here for?  :)

Yeah, but I don't know what somebody's boundaries are until I find them. :)

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This delusion that you Americans have that we British have been 'disarmed' is very, very funny to me (it's borderline f*****g hilarious TBH), while I don't personally own any firearms at present (family circumstances do not allow) almost all of my close friends do.  I do however know a lot of local landowners very well and I own & train hunting dogs (Lurchers), so if I wanted a firearm I could have one , despite having been a 'naughty boy' in my youth.

Trust me, relative to Americans, you Brits are disarmed. We have something like 20 times the guns per capita that the UK has. But then, we have more than practically any other nation in the world (if Wikipedia is to be believed, about twice as many per capita as the next most armed country).

What is a mistake is to assume that because someone is British, they have no experience with firearms. Many do, and it's not like the common American firearms experience makes one so anointed, either.

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

But why do you let total dickheads have them? 

Seriously.  :mellow:

Felons cannot have firearms in the US, nor can the mentally ill (although the implementation of this is highly imperfect), etc. As far as total dickheads beyond that, well, it's a free country and we have a bill of rights. Just because someone's an asshole doesn't mean they can't have a gun. Then I couldn't have any guns, for example.

I didn't say 'Asshole', I said 'Dickhead'.....Very different manner of beast IMHO. 

One's a bit ornery and will bite you if you poke it.....The other's, well it's a dickhead innit, so it will probably discharge the weapon while cleaning it or accidentally shoot itself in the crotch.