Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It's not their boots I'd be concerned about.

Taking further steps to sour the US/Russia relationship just seems unwise to me TBH.

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, you play the hand you're dealt, and I think we've been dealt a hand where that relationship is already pretty sour.

Considering the fiery death you can mutually rain on each other if you don't get your acts together, I too think that one is the better option. 

If the US could finally figure out what the f**k it plans to do in Iraq/Syria and then coordinate it with the Russians to mutual benefit (two pipelines are better than none) it would be a bloody good start.....Cheaper too!  ;)

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Considering the fiery death you can mutually rain on each other if you don't I too think that one is the better option. 

If the US could finally figure out what the f**k it plans to do in Iraq/Syria and then coordinate it with the Russians to mutual benefit (two pipelines are better than none) it would be a bloody good start.

One thing we seriously can hope for with the Trump administration is a more consistent and sane foreign policy.

Get your laughs out. Yep. That's it. OK, now think about it: Even if we accept the idea that Trump is a five year old boy living in a 70 year old man's body, wouldn't we rather have US foreign policy run by a five year old than the way it's been run for the past 15 years?

54 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

I fucking hope so, we need that kind of high level cooperation. I really do want us to be friends. No reason we shouldn't be.

Yep, and Russia would be a far more useful ally than some of the ones we are saddled with now.... Cough, cough, France and Germany fix your shit!

The Guardian, 2016: Claims that there is secret a plan to create an EU army are nothing more than fantasy

Independent, 2017: Emmanuel Macron calls for EU army (corroborated by BBC)

You know, I'm not a European, but I've always found most pro-EU arguments to be down in the weeds, focusing on short-term advantages and disadvantages, when the real spooky thing about the EU is that it looks like it is engineered to subsume national identities and create a shadowy monostate.

55 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

The Guardian, 2016: Claims that there is secret a plan to create an EU army are nothing more than fantasy

You know, I'm not a European, but I've always found most pro-EU arguments to be down in the weeds, focusing on short-term advantages and disadvantages, when the real spooky thing about the EU is that it looks like it is engineered to subsume national identities and create a shadowy monostate.

GtUSldq.jpg

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

pepenazi.jpg

As a certain bloke on a certain range pointed out to me recently, back before Brexit, EU advocates would never talk about an "EU army" or "the United States of EU" in English. They would always deny it, when speaking to that audience. Meanwhile, they would speak freely of such things in French, German, and Dutch.

Now, since Brexit, they don't try to hide it at all.

Mind you, this certain bloke is multilingual, and speaks, reads, and writes all four languages.

3 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Run from Brussels, of course.