Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

I think the "correct" interpretation of that poll is that voters are more likely to vote for Moore not because of "Hurrah For Statutory Rape!" but rather the opinion folks in Alabama have for the media and the WaPo is so low they feel the story is made up.

On the other hand, Alabama is in the dirty South...

1 minute ago, Donward said:

I think the "correct" interpretation of that poll is that voters are more likely to vote for Moore not because of "Hurrah For Statutory Rape!" but rather the opinion folks in Alabama have for the media and the WaPo is so low they feel the story is made up.

On the other hand, Alabama is in the dirty South...

It's a pretty good defense against being manipulated by politically-driven smear campaigns.  It seems like it could backfire horribly if a serial murderer rapist drunk meth addict did run for office.

Hmmm... I guess we'll find out.

The New York Times has tabulated all of all the people, places, and things that Trump has supposedly insulted on Twitter during his Presidency.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/26/upshot/president-trumps-newest-focus-discrediting-the-news-media-obamacare.html

So reading up on Judge Moore, the guy would have spent his life as an obscure circuit court judge save for the ACLU and Southern Poverty Center losing their shit and turning him into a national figure with their histrionics over a po-dunk Ten Commandments decoration that normal people wouldn't give a God damn about if they saw them in court.

Talk about blowback.

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

Trump plans to nominate big pharma exec to Health secretary.

eevl.gif

Got to admit, I prefer this completely shameless and transparent flavor of corruption, versus the old Obama era corruption which was sneaky and underhanded.

Anybody who has been in biotech or pharma knows that the FDA is in the pocket of big companies and vice versa. They regularly swap high  level executives. It is absolutely normal for a high level FDA person to get a nice job at Bayer, or vice versa. 

At least it's out in the open, like you said. 

I don't know. I half think it's Trump's way of flipping the bird to the media for running (Tom Price?) out of the job for the stupid private jet nonsense.

"Oh, a politician with years of public service ain't good enough for ya? Yeah, have a Big Pharmacy guy run the show instead! How 'bout dem apples?"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-did-dossier-trigger-the-trump-russia-probe/article/2640470

-create dossier

-give dossier to the FBI

-FBI starts looking into it

-tell media about the dossier and use the FBI investigating it to give it authenticity

-use dossier and investigations to justify FISA court requests to spy on the Trump campaign

-change internal rules allowing intelligence sharing between agencies

-rampant 'leaking' of shared intelligence reports on the Trump campaign