Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

2 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Imma laugh my fucking ass off if Moore wins. Fucking comedy option, that.

It's a fucked thing because the guy most likely does (or did) have a thing for highschool girls, but it's being so blatantly used as a political attack that it gets people to turn their noses up at the accusations instead.

Well he basically admitted that he "courted" 16-18 year old high school girls with the parents consent which - it being the 1970s in the Deep South - was legal and "normal". Hell, Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis did the same. I just assume its a southern Christian thing like handling snakes and getting attacked by swamp rabbits.

As for the supposed Yearbook signature, that thing looks sketchy the more time goes by. And given Gloria Alred is involved I have zero trust in its veracity.

That Republican Establishment types are so willing to buy into a G Alred photo OP is telling.

It seems the tack being taken by the Moore campaign/attorneys is that the signature was lifted from the divorce paper work that Judge Moore presided over in 1999. And rather than the "D.A." standing for "District Attorney" the initials instead belong to the law clerk who handled his paper work who would - presumably - sign them with a stamp or Auto-pen and add her initials after.

honestly?

I buy it.

4 hours ago, Donward said:

Well he basically admitted that he "courted" 16-18 year old high school girls with the parents consent which - it being the 1970s in the Deep South - was legal and "normal". Hell, Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis did the same.

I don't think it's completely fair to use Jerry Lee Lewis as a yardstick for what was considered decorous behavior in the American South.

@Donward, don't worry. That are still together and have two kids. Lovely couple. 

Also one of my English teachers married her English teacher. She graduated and they got married, back in the 80s. She became a teacher and he became a principal. 

Shit, one of my friends had huge daddy issues and wouldn't date guys that weren't like 10 years older than her. While in high school. 

My first girlfriend was dating a guy before me who was a senior when she was in 8th grade. Guess what? They're married now with three kids. 

One of my good high school buddies was a puss hound. Fat bastard fucked more women in high school than I thought possible. Then he shut up about his exploits one day. Totally went dark. We found out later that he had fallen hard for a junior high chick when he was a senior. They've been married for 8 years now. 

The list goes on and on and on. I was the other way around. I dated an older girl in high school. 

I'm late to the party on this one, but this story is interesting.

In short: Donna Brazile started dishing on some of the shady arrangements that the Clinton campaign made with the DNC prior to the primary.  Now, people who followed the DNC leaks already knew that something fishy was up, but Brazile confirming this made it impossible for the Democrats to ignore.  Ever since Brazile went public with these accusations, a suspiciously well-coordinated campaign of journalists have sought to downplay or discredit her.  The only problem is, she's absolutely right, so they just have to lie.

Apparently the Clinton propaganda machine is alive and well, and is still fighting.  What for, I'm not sure.  Trump is openly gloating over the fact that he would handily best her in a rematch, in all probability by a wider margin than a year ago.

There was something interesting posted on Imgur about how the Al Franken groping scandal was spurious. It was basically along the lines of "the person accusing Franken is a drunken whore who slobbers all over her co stars constantly, so her kissing Franken wasn't unusual, also Franken 'groped her by miming a boob grab on the body armor she was wearing at the time", plus some photographic proof.

I'll have to find it again.

52 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

There was something interesting posted on Imgur about how the Al Franken groping scandal was spurious. It was basically along the lines of "the person accusing Franken is a drunken whore who slobbers all over her co stars constantly, so her kissing Franken wasn't unusual, also Franken 'groped her by miming a boob grab on the body armor she was wearing at the time", plus some photographic proof.

Did somebody say Al Franken groping allegations?

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/20/565350546/sen-al-franken-hit-with-second-groping-allegation

55 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Saw it the other day too, here it is:

https://imgur.com/gallery/FWPtO