Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

21 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

While this is being portrayed as a purge of conservatives, all I see is dollar $igns. Force users to fork over important personal information, in this case phone numbers. Twitter will blandly assure users that they only need the numbers for "security purposes" whereupon at a later date they'll sell that information to the highest bidder. As with all free social media, the users aren't the customers, they're the product being sold. 

Once again, I'm glad that I've never joined Twatter. 

8 hours ago, Donward said:

While this is being portrayed as a purge of conservatives, all I see is dollar $igns. Force users to fork over important personal information, in this case phone numbers. Twitter will blandly assure users that they only need the numbers for "security purposes" whereupon at a later date they'll sell that information to the highest bidder. As with all free social media, the users aren't the customers, they're the product being sold. 

Once again, I'm glad that I've never joined Twatter. 

Interesting take, especially considering that Twitter has, to my knowledge, never been profitable and was having trouble with a clear roadmap for monetization.

Even the usual metric or his hair cannot be used. Maybe I'm naively optimistic, but it's possible that political cartoonists have transcended merely making a graphic of their views and opinions, and are now making art that is ambiguous enough that people on both sides of an issue can make what they want out of it. People already distort statistics to fit their agenda and beliefs, not we have something that's actually fun to do that with.