Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

12 minutes ago, Xoon said:

a45

How did she mix up this?!
norgga_leavga2.jpg

With this?!
220px-Battle_flag_of_the_Confederate_Sta

The actual US flag is closer in resemblance with the color scheme and stars.
FlagHistory4.jpg

The answer is simple, Rebecca Morris is dumb as a bag of rocks.

It’s also a reminder that becoming a bestselling author has no meaning.

47 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Plus Norway is like super white, so the left hates them by default now. 

We are Norwegian, not white :P

And I am not sure if you can actually find a statistic for races in Norway, only immigration,were 831 751 are immigrants or immigrant children, out of 5 232 000.

Besides our national statistics bureau is politically biased and removes and hides "problematic" information. 

“And also video games. I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence in video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts. And then you go the further step and that’s the movies. You see these movies, they’re so violent and yet a kid is able to see a movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved. Maybe they have to put a rating system for that.”

59 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

“And also video games. I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence in video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts. And then you go the further step and that’s the movies. You see these movies, they’re so violent and yet a kid is able to see a movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved. Maybe they have to put a rating system for that.”

LOOOOOOOL yes put these Hollywood and tech fucks on the defensive. If we can abridge one right, why not another?

I don't even care if he's sincere at this point. If I gotta watch my house burn down, I want to see my enemies on fire while it happens.

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

LOOOOOOOL yes put these Hollywood and tech fucks on the defensive. If we can abridge one right, why not another?

I don't even care if he's sincere at this point. If I gotta watch my house burn down, I want to see my enemies on fire while it happens.

I think the point is that we already have a rating system for movies, and this guy doesn't even realize that.  

1 minute ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I think the point is that we already have a rating system for movies, and this guy doesn't even realize that.  

Yes! That is also hilarious. I don't think either rating system is government mandated, though, which I assumed is what he meant. Maybe not.

Just now, Sturgeon said:

Yes! That is also hilarious. I don't think either rating system is government mandated, though, which I assumed is what he meant. Maybe not.

The motion picture rating system is not government mandated.  It was put in place by the film industry when they realized that if they didn't do it, the government probably would.  One of the films responsible for the creation of the code is "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf", which is surprisingly mild by modern standards.  

4 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

The motion picture rating system is not government mandated.  It was put in place by the film industry when they realized that if they didn't do it, the government probably would.  One of the films responsible for the creation of the code is "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf", which is surprisingly mild by modern standards.  

That's what I thought, but I am not a film history expert.

29 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I love ya Walter. Of COURSE both of us sperg ed about the motion picture industry at the same time on 2 different threads.

16 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Sounds like our President is channeling President Duterte of the Philippines.  That makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Anyhow, killing drug dealers is not the only way Trump is talking about ignoring due process.  Let's not forget his comments that we should take guns from "dangerous" people before any sort of due process.  I don't even think a Democratic President has ever suggested that.

4 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Sounds like our President is channeling President Duterte of the Philippines.  That makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Anyhow, killing drug dealers is not the only way Trump is talking about ignoring due process.  Let's not forget his comments that we should take guns from "dangerous" people before any sort of due process.  I don't even think a Democratic President has ever suggested that.

Not a recent one, but plenty of historical ones have.

10 minutes ago, Lostwingman said:

My sides are in orbit.

"Kilgore, 52, is well-known to Texas voters. In 2012, he changed his legal middle name to SECEDE."

------

That unbiased reporting:

Most places, candidates like Kilgore get laughed out of the room.

Not in Texas. In the 2008 Republican primary, he got 226,649 votes.

Oh yeah, nooooowhere else in the world has had kookie candidates run for office and get votes!

Anytime I hear someone say "but Trump just sounds like an idiot" I hear "but I've never heard anyone joke in my entire life".

Anyway thought this was interesting off of twitter.

"a 1 dot = 1 vote dasymetric dot density 2016 Presidential election map from @ArcGISPro. 65,844,61 blue dots. 62,979,636 red dots."

DXkSMyXUQAEsk4T.jpg:large

Honestly curious how they did the data for that one. 

--------------------------------

Additionally today was primary day for me. Not sure about you guys. It seems what I've heard has been confirmed and my ballot was entirely full of democrats framing everything they propose as a "right". I'm not sure what to think of this determining everything you want as a right and demanding it strategy but it really rubs me the wrong way.