Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

If it's not obvious to you, I can't explain it. Trump is a man of such low character that it should be obvious.  His only real skill is that of a carnival barker and of making appeals to the worst angels of people's nature.  His disregard for the law and basic decency is well documented.  His leadership skills, if you can call them that, are illustrated in an administration that parallels the chaos of one of his terrible reality TV shows.  We have had men of weak character in the office of President before, but Trump has lowered the bar several levels of magnitude.  The conflicts of interest, the nepotism, the complete lack of dignity.  It's appalling.  Its embarrassing.  It's making us a laughingstock around the world.  There is no point arguing about this.  You will never change my mind about this.  And more than half the country shares my complete disgust regarding POTUS.  That is why the Republicans are losing special elections in areas that should be safe victories.    

8 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

If it's not obvious to you, I can't explain it. Trump is a man of such low character that it should be obvious.  His only real skill is that of a carnival barker and of making appeals to the worst angels of people's nature.  His disregard for the law and basic decency is well documented.  His leadership skills, if you can call them that, are illustrated in an administration that parallels the chaos of one of his terrible reality TV shows.  We have had men of weak character in the office of President before, but Trump has lowered the bar several levels of magnitude.  The conflicts of interest, the nepotism, the complete lack of dignity.  It's appalling.  Its embarrassing.  It's making us a laughingstock around the world.  There is no point arguing about this.  You will never change my mind about this.  And more than half the country shares my complete disgust regarding POTUS.  That is why the Republicans are losing special elections in areas that should be safe victories.    

I dunno man, Obama gave the Queen of England an iPod.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:18 PM, Walter_Sobchak said:

Normally, one would expect to see some reason and maturity from the president, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards either.

Lyndon B Johnson put his dick on people. Welcome to the world where you shouldn't have respect for people who seek political power.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:58 PM, Walter_Sobchak said:

Is it a vase, or two two people kissing?  We'll find out for sure this November with the mid-terms.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:24 PM, Walter_Sobchak said:

Is it normal for a four star general to declare the President of the United State to be a security risk?

No, it's not

Now as to the question you're really asking judging by the next page and a half of thread, former four star Generals are people who you definitely shouldn't blindly respect either.

I mean, is what is going on right now incredibly disturbing because we see as many "high level people" talking the way they're talking right now?

Fuck yes!

The rule of law, the status quo, and the social contract have all catastrophically failed and the fucking rats are trying to position themselves as best as they can for whatever comes next based on the information they have available to them and the former allies they believe that they can still trust at least marginally.

Now, the rest of the world laughing at us though.... Who the fuck cares? They're more inept corrupt unable to function and hypocritical than we ever thought of being! (That's definitely a bad thing mind you, the world is circling the toilet bowl I'll give you that)

But seriously here, the brush you're painting Trump with really has far more to do with the stereotypical American total lack of awareness about foreign politics, political figures, and scandals being used as a sadly effective weapon against a sitting president by persons with their own agendas!

I mean for the love of fuck Walter... Really?

British politics= sodomy with a side of snobbery

French politics= blowjobs between bouts of nepotism

Don't even make me bring up India or fucking Germany here! Holy fuck!

When you have a combination of unreasonable expectations and a lack of general awareness about politics other places, yeah trump might look like an unmitigated disaster and profound embarrassment to the nation.

But honestly, I'd hoped more people could figure out that if Trump was ACTUALLY that much of an anomaly in those circles he never would have gotten in! (Silly me I also hoped said people would then start asking pointed questions about just what the fuck is going on in the beltway and board rooms of our media companies, so I guess we've all been making stupid ass assumptions about the intellectual capacity and curiosity of the American public... C'est la guerre and all that shit)

So celebrities are mad at Facebook for some reason?

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/372603-jim-carrey-tells-people-to-sell-facebook-stock-delete-accounts

I hate FB as much as the next guy, even though hypocritically I have an account but I don't get the uproar over this. Targeting voters based on some secret-sauce analytics is a decades old science. It used to be that parties - both Republican and Democrat - would target various households and precincts based on their magazine subscriptions, for example

Also, when was the last time that Jim Carrey was even relevant? Or funny for that matter? The guy wasn't even funny on "In Living Color".

What's funny to me is that "right thinking people" are dismissing him as a hooligan, and anyone defending him as being alt-right. If they were familiar with their history, they'd know how this tends to go, and that there's a place on the block for their necks too.

22 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Count Dankula convicted of "offensive speech", faces jail time.

It's about this time I remember some of my UK friends telling me we in the US totally don't need a right to arms to protect our right to free speech.

If I were this guy, I'd make a bee-line to the American Embassy and seek political asylum as a refugee 

Also, we were talking about nations that are laughing stocks ? Great Britain is a laughing stock.

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

What's funny to me is that "right thinking people" are dismissing him as a hooligan, and anyone defending him as being alt-right. If they were familiar with their history, they'd know how this tends to go, and that there's a place on the block for their necks too.

First they came for the dank memers, and I did not speak out for I was not a dank memer

Hot take: Trump is morally bankrupt and a terrible human being who's probably done some shady/illegal shit (yeah, they haven't convicted him of anything, but they didn't charge Clinton either).

This is not mutually exclusive with politicians in general and the media also being shit. Donald Trump is a shitty person pissing off legions of shitty people. This isn't ideal, but it could be worse.

My tuppence on trump/elections this year: there'll be a sizeable dem swing giving them a razor-thin majority in one of the houses, which will spook the republicans enough for them to impeach trump. Not on anything specific, but they'll find something to stick somewhere. As soon as it looks like pence gives them a better chance of re-election, they'll turn on trump.

Mostly putting this here so that if I'm right I can act smug, and if I'm wrong you guys can laugh at me

20 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

My tuppence on trump/elections this year: there'll be a sizeable dem swing giving them a razor-thin majority in one of the houses, which will spook the republicans enough for them to impeach trump. Not on anything specific, but they'll find something to stick somewhere. As soon as it looks like pence gives them a better chance of re-election, they'll turn on trump.

Mostly putting this here so that if I'm right I can act smug, and if I'm wrong you guys can laugh at me

We shall see!

h3ERBHv.jpg

2 hours ago, Xlucine said:

We're already laughing tho